RH puzzle

I have been doing an auto grow. Fox Farms ocean forest soil and Earth Juice nutes. Two 300w Mars Hydro LEDs in a 3'x3'x5' Mars Hydro tent.
There is no in line intake fan, but there is an inline exhaust fan. There is also a clip-on fan in the tent providing a little breeze for the girls. The issue is that no matter what I do... I cannot raise the humidity in the tent over 30%. I have placed bowls of water with towels in the tent, that did not help. I placed a humidifier in the tent, didn't help. I even tried both of these at once, and still the RH won't climb. Any suggestions, opinions, help would be truly appreciated. This issue, mostly, has cost me most of if not all of my Harvest. I am going to be starting another grow soon using photos. I really don't want this issue carrying over to that grow. When you post, please keep in mind that I am blind and my eyes, otherwise known as my wife, is not trained at all with cannabis. This is our second grow together, and since I have been blinded, with no real experience for either of us previously. Any help or suggestions are obviously more than welcome. Thank you in advance and may God bless! :circle-of-love:

Here are the latest ones for you... the strain is 2x Blue Trickle.

09-20-17_Emma_Top.jpg

09-20-17_Emma_Side.jpg

09-20-17_Elsa_Top.jpg

09-20-17_Elsa_Side.jpg

For sure some nute isssues, seems pretty small

What's the heat in the tent, how far away are yer lights

How often u using nutes and are they full strength or??

Do you pH your water.

Can't see it's a Rh issue, nutes, lights, pH... something

If you guys have been able to verify that your pH run off is in a good range ~6.5 and the lights arent too hot on the plant Low Rh could cause stunted growth small leaves and burned tips. How confident are you in the hygrometers accuracy? A humidifier should have helped make some difference. To increase your Rh you'll need to add moisture to the air in your room faster than your taking that air out of your room. If your running your exhaust full speed to keep it cool you may need a better way to cool your lights. I'm sorry I know there's a lot of talking in circles there trying to wrap my head around the limited info.

Water is pH to between 6.5 and 7 .0. We try to let the girls tell us when they need water or nutes. When we do use them, it is at quarter strength. PPMs are about 117. Lights have been kept at manufacturer's recommendations for each stage of growth. Temps range from about 73 to 78 degrees. Also, the bottom flap on the back of the 10th is about half way open.

The water runoff has been running in the range of 6.42 6.7. The 6.4 was only once. The humidity in the room runs about 10% higher than in the tent for some reason. I almost have taken the humidifier and placed it next to the back tent flap to possibly pull in the humidity from outside. Keeping the lights at the recommended Heights has been keeping the temps around 75 to 78 degrees in the tent. So the temps are good. :confused:

What is the run off from the plant though? Just because it goes in at 7 doesn't mean that's what the soil is at. As the plant uses or doesn't use what we feed it the mixture contained in the soil changes. Sounds very similar to what I just went through when I moved into the new room. I had been watering in the range you described and was shocked to find my soil run off tested at nearly 6.0.

Not positive it's what made the difference yet but I flushed all the girls with clearex and gave them a heavy feeding. About 3/4 label strength with a 1/4 dose bloom nutes and they seem ok.

I think I would start with a good flush of the growing medium checking the pH level of your run off as you go. This will add humidity to the tent and give some time for more knowledgeable folks to chime in.

TB...thank you very much for chiming in with the great suggestions! We did do a double flush about two weeks ago. Didn't really help me RH, but it did start them shooting out New Growth. The problem is the group started turning within about 36 to 48 hours just like the existing foliage.

With pH and temp in check. Judging by her discoloration she looks hungry.
I don't think 30%rh is hurting you in flower. You could certainly move the humidifier closer to the intake flap but too much humidity could potentially ruin all of it.

Back
Top Bottom