Confused?

arizonabudski

I am getting ready to start a new closet grow, last time i used soil and it turned out okay but i am trying to get a lil more advanced with it. I had previously seen i setup using a 5 gallon bucket, there were what looks to be rocks at the bottom with velt covering them, and a straw was sticking all the way up to the top. Then soil with put on top of the velt. I belive it gave the bottom more oxygen. I CANT remember how exactly to do this, or waht is it called, can someone help me out, or elaborate a little on this settup?

you posted a soil question in HYDRO ORGANICS, perhaps you should post in SOIL as this question is about soil ? if you havent already....

But I have never heard of using a straw to get more 02 into soil, seems like you could go simpler.

You could simply build your own 4 or 6 plant hydro system for under a couple of hundred bucks ! They're easy to build yourself and parts are available at Home Depot and Wallyworld. There should be plenrt of threads here on this site as to plans etc, and plenty of info on lighting , venting etc. Read up on whatever stlye you like dirt , hydro and study before you start spending. Cause once you start .... you'l want more ... bigger... better ....

I am getting ready to start a new closet grow, last time i used soil and it turned out okay but i am trying to get a lil more advanced with it. I had previously seen i setup using a 5 gallon bucket, there were what looks to be rocks at the bottom with velt covering them, and a straw was sticking all the way up to the top. Then soil with put on top of the velt. I belive it gave the bottom more oxygen. I CANT remember how exactly to do this, or waht is it called, can someone help me out, or elaborate a little on this settup?
Also helps.it.drain good.good.drainage is very important. Five gallon bucket will grow I nice.lady

Also helps.it.drain good.good.drainage is very important. Five gallon bucket will grow I nice.lady
You can add.just rocks in the bottom doesn't have to.be.anything special really its only to help it drain. I would say the straw has to do with the roots.getting. o2 please.correct.me if.I'm.wrong on.not.always right.

Back
Top Bottom