Growing with coco fiber, home made reservoir

rubbahdubdub

so this will be my first post here, and although its my first here, it's not my first forum on any post so i know how the noobies get treated.
so before i find the works to get some pictures up im gonna walk through a little step by step that i'm slowly creating while educating myself at the same time
so i've got a 3 gallon bucket and a 5 gallon bucket, my plan is to take a round plastic coffee can with no top or bottom and fill the coffee can with coco fiber, AROUND the coffee can will be water, the coffee can will have slits and what not for proper movement of the water
i've put a 3/4" PVC running down the bucket for water and my dipstick for water levels
THE PART WHERE ADVICE WORKS
what i'd like to do is get some kind of NON-metallic mesh of some sort, where i can put at the top of the coffee can with a hole so the roots can potentially grow down into the coffee can but will cover the surrounding water of the coffee can. As im going along with this it may be difficult to understand so if i should reexplain just let me know. what could i use as that screen to divide it. ANY OTHER ADVICE COULD WORK AS WELL.
EXTRA INFO: I'm using autoflowering seeds aswell. thank you for any advice. :thumb:

did a little reading, as opposed to coco fiber, would the FFOF potting soil be more efficient? i heard the life cycle of AF is so short that there is no need for any Big Bloom or Tiger Bloom, so should i just go with FFOF w/o any nutes?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom