Organic Hydro nutes

samurai

First of all let me say hello to all. This is my first post. I am looking for a recommendation for some organic nutrients for a NFT system. I have been using it for many, many years but have only used GH Flora series. I would like to get into organic hyro. Anyone that could offer some suggestions I will be eternally grateful.

Samurai

That's one that I am looking at. How do you like it? Good results? Do you supplement with anything else. Anyone have experience with other stuff out there?

Samurai

Botanicare pure blend pro grow and bloom with liquid karma, hygrozyme and sweet. The results are outstanding.

Hello friends! Just a heads up on organic nutes. The Floranova is only derived from organic goodies and not all organic. Dig a little deeper you will see. Be careful for that DERIVED word, its a sly little devil. I used floranova for two grows and loved it, just get ya a little cal/mag and you'll be set. EarthJuice is truly organic, but more difficult than the nova. Just my 2 pennies.
Peace and may your buds love you as much as you love them!
SINGLECOLA.....

I'm looking to move to organic... I have the 3 part nute system down, and would like to stay with that. Any recs on an organic system like that? (grow, micro, bloom, ...or 123)?

I'd possibly go organic, but Botnicare is much $$$ : O ---- I like spending 25 - 30 bucks on 3 part nutes for the entire grow, but Botnicare advertising makes me wanna try it so badly lol, they have the best ads.

I have now switched to ADVANCED NUTRIENTS for several reasons. While pure blend pro is great, I have heard the yields with AN is comparable to soil. i have switched to Iguana bloom, carbload,h-2, f-1, nirvana, big bud, voodoo juice. Remo AKA "THE URBAN GROWER" shows the results on his video clips on his urban grower website. They, AN, are also conducive for medical grows. If your growing for meds, Pure blend or AN is best for organic dro.they even have a calculator that suites your specific needs.

First of all let me say hello to all. This is my first post. I am looking for a recommendation for some organic nutrients for a NFT system. I have been using it for many, many years but have only used GH Flora series. I would like to get into organic hyro. Anyone that could offer some suggestions I will be eternally grateful.

Samurai

I have not yet tried but have seen GH's new General Organics line of nutrients... has anyone here grown with hthese yet?

I've been using Botanicare for my first hydro grow, it's easy to use I just use what they recommend for whatever phase your in and haven't had any problems yet. Allthough when I looked at my roots after using them I was a little shocked at first the organic nutes will brown up your roots. Not bad just looks like hell !

the problem with using chem nutes is : 1st of all WHERE DID THE NUTES COME FROM?
2nd: the taste after curing
3rd: chemicals seems to dessimate the buds after a descent cure
4th: hard to flush that crap out

organic nutes don't seem to bring on these problems,
I have started using both AN and botanicare, and if you think they are too expensive, well you get what you pay for.. the results come out after a good cure.

the problem with using chem nutes is : 1st of all WHERE DID THE NUTES COME FROM?
2nd: the taste after curing
3rd: chemicals seems to dessimate the buds after a descent cure
4th: hard to flush that crap out

organic nutes don't seem to bring on these problems,
I have started using both AN and botanicare, and if you think they are too expensive, well you get what you pay for.. the results come out after a good cure.

the 'chemicals' or fertilizer salts can be derived from a lot of natural sources / mineral deposits and such

the taste is fine with few organic additives. my shit tastes great and burns great and isn't decimated.

what is hard about flushing - you water it like a couple times during a week. its just as easy to flush as to feed

might as well say "organic costs more so it must be better"

Samurai

Here is the formula for my flower room:

Botanicare Nutrients:
126ml Cal-Mag Plus
150ml Sweet
180ml Liquid Karma
540mlL Pure Bend Pro Bloom

Mix all the nutrients in a spare gallon milk container. Add water and shake well. The whole mix will take an 18 gal rez to 2900 PPM.

You need a PPM meter that goes to at least 2000 PPM.

Add about half of the mix and check your PPM. It will be low so you will have to keep adding nutrients until you get it to 2000 PPM.

It is easy to add more nutes but hard to take them out If you go over you have to drain some nute/water from the rez and add more plain water.

That's why you want take it slow at first.

I run this nutrient formula for vegetative growth:

Botanicare Nutrients:
126ML Cal-Mag Plus
180ML Liquid Karma
540ML Pure Bend Pro Vegetative Formula

I start at 1500 PPM and bring it up to 2000 PPM by the second week of veg. I change the nutrients every 3 weeks with each new crop.

I adjust my PH to 5.8:peace:

Right on, interesting stuff. How big is your reservoir, eh? 540ml is alot of fertilizer to be using!

The entire nutrient mix does not go into the resevoir all at the same time. I mix the nutes in a gallon jug and the then fill the remainder of the jug with water. That way I can fill up my reservoir with water and the gradually add the nutrient mix from the gallon jug until I get the ppm I want. My res holds only 14 gallons and about a quarter of the gallon jug filled with the veg nutes will bring my ppm up to about 1250ppm

oooh most brands would advise ill against that method for sure. if you mix un-diluted nutrient salts together it can really cause problems if they bond or react. idk about Botanicare but I know that causes problems with technaflora and general hydroponics multi-parts.

oooh most brands would advise ill against that method for sure. if you mix un-diluted nutrient salts together it can really cause problems if they bond or react. idk about Botanicare but I know that causes problems with technaflora and general hydroponics multi-parts.
Most hydro fertilizers come in two2 parts. Calcium nitrate is in a separate mix because the calcium will react with the magnesium and form a solid when in concentrated form.
I havent seen anything anywhere suggesting mixing this high concentration of Botanicare organic nutes with only a gallon of water could cause an issue? As a matter of fact there are litterally thousands of people running this exact nute regimen? :peace:

Oh right on, no its not mixing it into a gallon its mixing straight nutrients with eachother before adding water that caught my eye. That hydro system looks sweet now I want to build one, haha!
But I think that it is botanicare one part it doesn't matter so much so nevermind, still wouldn't do that with GH or other brands.

I have not yet tried but have seen GH's new General Organics line of nutrients... has anyone here grown with hthese yet?

I also have been interested in trying General Organics line of nutes, anyone have any experiences or recommendations on em? Seem a little cheaper than alot of the other organic stuff out there! :bong:

Back
Top Bottom