Is organic ph really that hard?

HeadMed

So I decided to try organic... and picked up some earth juice, It's taking forever to bring the ph up...? is this common with organics. My previous ratio for this rez was 1/2 ml per gallon.... i'm now a 4ml per gallon and haven't broken 5.0....

Re: Is organic ph really that hard...?

what are you using for ph UP and down? once you mix your nutes check ph, it may take a few days to stabilzie but not extreme. Are you using EJ ph up? that stuff is powerful!

Sorry for the delay. After some more research (visiting their website) it seems the system is more "bio-ponic" then I expected. Intructions include a 2 or so day process before "planting". Not supposed to ph it until after 24 hours have passed.

I'll try this again in a month or so.

I'm using all organics for veg & bloom and overall the ph is not very hard to stabilize.
There is a big drop in ph right after adding any nutes. I phUP to about 1 or 2 points below my target ph and within a few hours, the nutes simmer down and the ph just falls into place.

I was trying out the earthjuice line... what products are you using?

Advance Nutrients, very concentrated, supposed to be like hydro in soil. 100% organic.

I might try that.... years ago I tried the sensi line by advanced, but I got better results with less money with a 3 part GH look alike system. I hear big things about advanced now however.

I'm interested in learning more about live culture organics... The goal being (maybe years away) to eventualy use compost tea's of my own making, from my own compost, from what I've been able to find, a live culture solution stay optimum longer than minerials in water... I'm getting great results with what I got (gh), but i'm tired of playing gunga din.

Earth juice is saying change out every 4 to 8 weeks.... that would be so much nicer.

this is what their website says..

HYDRO-ORGANICS

SYSTEM: Trickle
MEDIUM: Horticultural clay rocks 8-16 mm.
OPTION: 80% Horticultural clay rocks 8-16 mm + 20% Earth Juice GrowCoir.
CHARGING SYSTEM: Prior to planting, fill reservoir with clean water and Catalyst at 2 Tablespoons per gallon. Run continuously for 24 hours. Empty the reservoir and add, at one half strength, the suggested nutrient dosage. Run for 1 day. Empty 80% of reservoir, add fresh full strength solution and run. After 24 hours check pH . We suggest to run pH lower than the optimum, 5.2-5.8, until you get a feel for it. If the initial pH is lower, let it run another 24 hours before attempting to adjust. Now it is ready to plant. The initial pre-charge introduces an active "Bio-Zone" which will reduce organic odors.
ADDING SOLUTION: Add solution whenever the level drops to approximately 1 gallon If allowed to drop too low, there may be an increase in the incidence of fouling the drip-ring. When topping off, use approximately 1/2-3/4 strength nutrient solution.
CHANGING RESERVOIR SOLUTION: Change every 4-8 weeks. At changes, fill with clean water only and run for a few hours. Drain and fill with fresh nutrient solution.

GENERAL USE RATES PER GALLON OF WATER
Rates may be adjusted according to individual needs.
EARTH JUICE VEGETATIVE FLOWERING & FRUITING
Mild Med Strong Mild Med Strong
Grow 4 tsp 2 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 1 tsp 4 tsp 2 Tbsp
Bloom 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp 1 Tbsp
Catalyst 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp 1.5 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp
Meta-K 1/2 tsp 3/4 tsp 1 1/4 tsp 3/4 tsp 1 1/2 tsp 2 tsp
MicroBlast 1 tsp 1.5 tsp 2 tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp
Assist 1 - 2 Tbsp (May experience initial foaming)
Optional: Add 2 tsp Escential
For adjusting pH, use Natural Up and Natural Down

Back
Top Bottom