General Organics

MaryJaneMan

If I was growing in soil using general organic nutes, would it be a good idea to allow the nutes to brew in a bubbler for 24 hours to develop the microbial life?

Also, should I add some molasses to the mixture?

Thanks in advance

Probably not. I'm not positive but I don't think General Organics contains any microorganisms to develop in the first place. If you were to add a little compost, humus, or worm castings then yes and definitely add a little molasses that would be a great tea for your plants. Thats basically what I do except I use Roots Organics.

If I was growing in soil using general organic nutes, would it be a good idea to allow the nutes to brew in a bubbler for 24 hours to develop the microbial life?

Also, should I add some molasses to the mixture?

Thanks in advance

No. The GO line instructions state that the mixtures should be used within an hour of mixing to prevent the solution from going sour.
If you need the mixture to last over an hour it's directed that you use an air pump without an air stone so it creates large burbling bubbles. An airstone will increase microbial digestion which will create foam over the surface of the solution.
You can use the molasses once or twice per week at 1oz per gallon of water. Molasses is used to feed the microbes in the soil so adding products like Great White or Soluble from Plant Success is a good move.
I like to feed my plants with the nutes, next watering is with molasses, and then the watering after that is plain water, then repeat as needed with a feeding of Soluble every other week

So using general organics is still organic, just without the microbial life? Should I just brew some worm casting tea every week or so to keep the micro life going?

So using general organics is still organic, just without the microbial life? Should I just brew some worm casting tea every week or so to keep the micro life going?

The GO line has an abundance of microbial life in the nutes. There are also microbes that are naturally present in the soil.
Some soil makers add even more microbes to the mix and us as growers have several products that will up the microbe populations too.
The molasses is what will keep them all alive, healthy, and vigorous.
The microbes will then break down nutes to a balanced ph and force feed the root system.
The nutrients that are in the worm castings are what the microbes will break down for the plant. The tea will also work as a good soil conditioner keeping it packed full micro & macro nutrients.

Ok I read that the reason for the large bubbles is to minimize foam, but what if you dont care how much foam is produced?

Anyway, back to my original question, it seems to me that you can leave the nutrients in a bubbler to produce more microbial life. Do you think this is necessary Bandit or do you think the nutes have enough microbes without bubbling them.

Ok I read that the reason for the large bubbles is to minimize foam, but what if you dont care how much foam is produced?

Anyway, back to my original question, it seems to me that you can leave the nutrients in a bubbler to produce more microbial life. Do you think this is necessary Bandit or do you think the nutes have enough microbes without bubbling them.

Well you should care about the foam that can develop from microbial digestion because it is toxic and will kill your plants.
There is no need to bubble the GO line. You just mix it and use it.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, the GO line is for soil only. It is not for hydroponics.

Hey since you've been helping me a lot with the GO line and I saw you also use it, can I ask you 2 more questions?
1. It says you do not need to adjust ph, so do you just mix the nutes and feed immediately?

2. How much molasses do you add to the nutes and how often?

Thanks a lot!

Hey since you've been helping me a lot with the GO line and I saw you also use it, can I ask you 2 more questions?
1. It says you do not need to adjust ph, so do you just mix the nutes and feed immediately?

2. How much molasses do you add to the nutes and how often?

Thanks a lot!

1.Yep! I have'nt adjusted the ph once while using the GO line! I have checked it and it's usually at 6.5. It truly is the easiest nutes I've ever used. I just mix it up and use it right away

2. I dont mix the molasses with the nutes. If i feed the plants with nutes one day, with the next watering I'll add molasses by itself at a rate of 1oz per gallon. I only feed molasses once or twice per week, depending on how big the plant is. Some growers feed it with every watering.
I also use horitculture grade molasses from Medina. It's much thinner than what you find at the grocery store and i get a gallon of it for only $9 where as the grocery store stuff can be $10 for only a 12oz jar

1.Yep! I have'nt adjusted the ph once while using the GO line! I have checked it and it's usually at 6.5. It truly is the easiest nutes I've ever used. I just mix it up and use it right away

2. I dont mix the molasses with the nutes. If i feed the plants with nutes one day, with the next watering I'll add molasses by itself at a rate of 1oz per gallon. I only feed molasses once or twice per week, depending on how big the plant is. Some growers feed it with every watering.
I also use horitculture grade molasses from Medina. It's much thinner than what you find at the grocery store and i get a gallon of it for only $9 where as the grocery store stuff can be $10 for only a 12oz jar

Do you buy the horitculture grade molasses from Medina locally or online? I havent been able to find it that cheap?:peace:

I also would love to know about Medina and how to obtain this. I currently use Hi-Brix mplasses and Cane sugar in a pre-mixed gallon which is much easier than the boiling, thinning and mixing of human grade molasses at the grocery store. I pay about $16 a gal.

Do you buy the horitculture grade molasses from Medina locally or online? I havent been able to find it that cheap?:peace:

I also would love to know about Medina and how to obtain this. I currently use Hi-Brix mplasses and Cane sugar in a pre-mixed gallon which is much easier than the boiling, thinning and mixing of human grade molasses at the grocery store. I pay about $16 a gal.

High Fellas!
I believe the Medina products are sold regionally in th South Western US.
Any nursery, home depot, or hydro shop around here has it.
Most of the stuff they make is for farmers and landscapers in the region.
They also make a product called HastaGro that is basically the same stuff as Age Old Bloom formula and that product is sold nationally because it's so good.
But back to the molasses. I did a Google shopping search and found only one online vendor selling quarts for $7. Bad deal.
Amazon has a gallon of Horticulture Molasses from a company called Nature's Wisdom for under $11. I would think it's probably the same stuff that Medina has to offer.

100_10314.JPG

I have been checking the pH and I have been around 5.2. I always start with RO water. Is it ok to leave it like this or should I add some organic pH up? I have been using the earth juice pH up.
Thanks

sry to be random but i have a question for other organic growers. I just had a organic set up. im not sure what seeds i was using...they were my girl friends. but the bud tasted and smelled like tea. I have never smeld or tasted a tea like bud before. any ideas on why?? i was thinking maybe because it was organicly grown but i have no idea.

hey guys, i have been doing a little reading on growing organically

i stumbled upon this thread and i have found this site that offers a 5 gal of medinas horticulture molasses for right under $11....the best deal ive found thus far and its from the hastagrow website

heres the link

Medina Agricultural Products

I have these nutes & they say to add 2 or 5 or 10 or whatever mL to your base...but what's the base ?? the packaging nor feeding chart doesn't say...
do i mix into 2 quart? 2 gallon? a rubber boot?

PEACE =D

Medina has 2 different types of product one is Medina Soil Activator- The original biological activator for the soil, called "Yogurt for the Soil" by natural gardening experts, stimulates beneficial organisms in the soil. You'll notice a healthier, stronger root system because it actually loosens and balances the soil. It's excellent for revitalizing tired, overworked lawns and gardens. Medina Soil Activator can be used with most fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides, or in conjunction with natural soil building practices. It is excellent for compost piles, and derived from a complex bio-catalyst process. It's also fortified with essential micronutrients. It stimulates, strengthens and multiplies the soil's indigenous microbes and bacteria, and also:Converts nutrients into usable food for the plant, Balances the soil micro flora, Balances soil pH, Balances soil structure, Reduces salt accumulations, Reduces chemical buildups, Promotes root growth and Reduces soil compaction.

The other is HastaGro 6-12-6 Plant Food- Three products in one: Contains high-quality N-P-K plant food plus Medina Soil Activator to stimulate biological activity, and HuMate humic acid to improve the soil structure by improving nutrient uptake, and seaweed extracts to stimulate fruiting and blooming. It is ideal for foliar applications where nutrients are absorbed directly by the plant. Low-salt, low chemical formulation prevents leaf burn. Nitrogen is derived from clean urea sources and is complexed with humic acid. Gentle formulation for foliar application, Prevents salt and chemical buildup, Builds biological activity in the soil, Promotes fruiting and blooming, Excellent for transplanting. APPLICATION RATES SOIL APPLICATION:
For flower beds and flower pots, mix 1 oz. per gallon of water and apply with a sprinkling can. Thoroughly water the soil around the plant. Repeat every 3-4 weeks during growing season.

Back
Top Bottom