Age Old Organics, your opionions please

Batcave

I wanted to try organics so on only one of my widows from my last grow I used Earth Juice Grow, Bloom, and Microblast in Fox Farm soil mix and the widow came out nicely. The only problem was it made my whole tent smell like someone took a massive dump in it, EJ is just rank smelling, the smell even overpowered everything in the tent.

A friend gave me a bottle of Age Old bloom and grow and I am currently testing/using it on one of my Rocklock clones. The plant seems to really like it and is growing very well with NO STINK from the Age old. The clone has grown faster and better than the donor. Growth is night and day between the donor and the clone and i have to wonder if its the Age Old versus the Fox farm trio.

What I was looking for was others experience with Age Old ferts, searched on several different boards and have only found a few threads on Age Old. Any advice or tips while using it would be appreciated.

Soil is 25% FF Ocean Forest, 25% FF Happy Frog, 25% FF Light Warrior, 25% Perlite, and a little 1TBS of Dolomite powered lime to each gallon. I use 0 ppm water with 1ml cal-mag+ added for good measure.

Donor grown with FF trio (day 36 12/12) and clone with Age old (day 16 12/12)
IMGP1053.JPG

Clone grown with Age Old day 17 12/12
IMGP1075.JPG

Rokclock donor day 37 12/12
IMGP1079.JPG

I just started using Age Old and my results have been great. I have my plants in smart pots filled with Roots Organics soilless mix. Ive been doing a 3 part feeding cycle. First I make a tea with compost, worm castings, Fossil Fuel ( a humic acid product that I always use at 1/2 strength), and Infinity from Soul Synthetics as my catalyst. I bubble for 24 hours and add mycorrhizae and feed. 2 days later I mix my Age Old with B Seaweed from Technaflora, Cal-Mag+, Silica Blast and 1/2 strength Fossil Fuel check ph then feed. Then 2 days later they are flushed with r/o water with 5ml Infinity. I continue this cycle throughout the whole life of the plant then 5 days before harvest they are only given r/o with Infinity. The only thing that I change from this is which type of Age Old I use, either grow or bloom. This is my first time with Age Old and its is one of the best nutrients I've used and for the money you can't beat it. I did have major calcium deficiencies though. I think as a base nute it is great but it definitely needs additives.

Anyone know a good feeding schedule with Age Old Organics? I am assuming you can use all their products without having to step into another carrier or brand. They offer kelp for micronutrients, humic acid, calcium, a bunch of stuff. Only thing is, I've never been able to figure out the feeding schedule with this brand for MJ. Any tips would be great.

Reading your plants is your schedule, not the calendar or the back of a bottle.

DD

Since my original post I swapped all my main nutes to Age Old with just a few minor additions. This is what has been working good for me and you can see the results on multiple strains in my signature.

Seed to 4 weeks no nutes, if vegging to 5 or 6 weeks then I will add 1/2tsp to 3/4 Age Old Grow to 1 gal water with 1tsp liquid seaweed.
Starting of flower week 1 I feed with 1tsp Age Old Grow, 1tsp Liquid seaweed, 1ml Cal-Mag+, and 1ml Earth Juice Mircoblast
Starting week 2 I up the Age Old Grow to 2tsp with the same additives as above.
Starting week 3 I switch to 1tsp Age Old Bloom with Advance Nutrients Big Bud at 1/2tsp, 1tsp cal-mag+, and 1 tsp
Starting week 4 I add 1.5tsp Bloom plus same additives
Week 5 through week 7 I use 2tsp of Bloom, 1tbs Molasses, and 1ml Earth Juice Microblast. I drop the Advance Nutrients Big Bud at the beginning of week 5
Week 8 starts my 7 day flush with just RO water and Molasses. If a strain is going longer I just keep it at 2tsp of AO Bloom until the flush starts.

I have not seen any burn with this regiment using Fox Farm soil mixture. Only issue I have had was I under fed one of my Blue Mystics but she is dialed back in now.

BC

Blue Mystic Day 37 of 12/12 under LED's with Age Old Organics
IMGP1588.JPG

Since my original post I swapped all my main nutes to Age Old with just a few minor additions. This is what has been working good for me and you can see the results on multiple strains in my signature.

Seed to 4 weeks no nutes, if vegging to 5 or 6 weeks then I will add 1/2tsp to 3/4 Age Old Grow to 1 gal water with 1tsp liquid seaweed.
Starting of flower week 1 I feed with 1tsp Age Old Grow, 1tsp Liquid seaweed, 1ml Cal-Mag+, and 1ml Earth Juice Mircoblast
Starting week 2 I up the Age Old Grow to 2tsp with the same additives as above.
Starting week 3 I switch to 1tsp Age Old Bloom with Advance Nutrients Big Bud at 1/2tsp, 1tsp cal-mag+, and 1 tsp
Starting week 4 I add 1.5tsp Bloom plus same additives
Week 5 through week 7 I use 2tsp of Bloom, 1tbs Molasses, and 1ml Earth Juice Microblast. I drop the Advance Nutrients Big Bud at the beginning of week 5
Week 8 starts my 7 day flush with just RO water and Molasses. If a strain is going longer I just keep it at 2tsp of AO Bloom until the flush starts.

I have not seen any burn with this regiment using Fox Farm soil mixture. Only issue I have had was I under fed one of my Blue Mystics but she is dialed back in now.

BC

Blue Mystic Day 37 of 12/12 under LED's with Age Old Organics
IMGP1588.JPG

So you are only using 1TEASPOON? Not a tablespoon? Do you feed with every watering, or once a week? I have been trying to figure out the Age Old schedule, and I just got Microblast, and Cal Mag + (going to look for an extra bud supplement tomorrow). I was going to try and follow your feeding schedule and see how it works out for me, since I am trying to figure one out... But yeah, did you mean teaspoon or tablespoon? And are you only feeding once a week or every feeding? Thanks, and your plants look GRRRREAT. :lot-o-toke:

But yeah, did you mean teaspoon or tablespoon? And are you only feeding once a week or every feeding?

I am feeding every watering, with the Smartpots that is about every 3 days, and yes a teaspoon.

BC

This is one of my Blue Widows at day 47 using the exact schedule.
IMGP1751.jpg

IMGP1739.JPG

^^^HOLY SHIT!!
Your plants look mouthwatering!! Great job, looks amazing.

I am feeding every watering, with the Smartpots that is about every 3 days, and yes a teaspoon.

Do you think feeding with every watering is something possible in just soil with a regular square pot? Smart pots have that crazy drainage system, dunno if that would make a difference or not in my case. But the results from your usage are too incredible to look past!

Do you think feeding with every watering is something possible in just soil with a regular square pot? Smart pots have that crazy drainage system, dunno if that would make a difference or not in my case. But the results from your usage are too incredible to look past!

I have one in 2.5 gallon tree pot too and it get nutes every feeding, drying out time is the only difference I have seen. I add 50% or more Perlite to my FF soil in the pot.

BC

looking good there Bat... The Blue widow was one of my patients favorites.... I am curious if you figured out why when using EJ your cave smelled like shit and wondered if your plants also tasted like shit? I use EJ and have never had that happen. Is Advanced nutrients Big Bud organic? Keep up the good work....:thumb:

I have a a couple in 2.5 gallon tree pots too and they get nutes every feeding, drying out time is the only difference I have seen. I add 25% or more Perlite to my FF soil.

BC

Thanks for the feedback, I'm gonna try a similar feeding and see how it works! Sub'd and + rep :blunt:

I am curious if you figured out why when using EJ your cave smelled like shit and wondered if your plants also tasted like shit? I use EJ and have never had that happen. Is Advanced nutrients Big Bud organic? .

Irie, the plants were finished up with Age Old and tasted fine. It was the smell of the EJ Grow, the Bloom just smelled earthy, the Grow smelled like raw sewage. Maybe my my EJ Grow was expired, other bottle on the shelf smelled the same, maybe they were all bad? Either way I'm sticking with my Age Old base.

"They say" Big Bud by AN is organic, I have a 500g tub of the powder that I got on sale, they have now switched to all liquid Big Bud at all my local stores. The Powder is 1-17-38 where the new Liquid Big Bud is 0-1-3, I have seen a few guys swear by the powder over the liquid, hasn't hurt my plants so I'm ok with it so far.

BC

Big Bud Powder

Big Bud Liquid

So, I made a little feeding schedule based on yours that I'm gonna run. Care to look it over real quick to make sure I didn't mess anything up?

schedule.jpg

Sorry if it's harder to read, when I uploaded it - it kinda re-sized it a little bit.

:peacetwo:

That looks good Bottled Cat, neat little chart.

BC

:) thanks, hopefully it will serve as some use to other people too.
Do you think that this feeding schedule is fairly strain dependent? Or have you tried this out with other strains besides Rocklock?

I have used it on Rocklock, TGA 3rd Dimension, Blue Widow, and Blue Mystic with good success. Those feedings may be on the light side by some nute standards but it seems to work in my setup. The Blue Mystic was the hungriest of them all and is needing a little extra bloom.

BC

Yeah, it seems "light" but I would imagine with feeding every watering that any strain would almost not complain... awesome. Good luck with everything I'll be waiting around for another pic update :)

Reading your plants is your schedule, not the calendar or the back of a bottle.

DD

Droopy Dog is right, I favor light feedings at each watering over heavy doses, and I let her tell me what she needs. I burned many plants in the beginning but once I found simple organics in a bottle I haven't seen any noticeble burn or other problems, I tried mixing my own soils and teas but just wasn't for me.

I also like not having to bubble up the mix days in advance. I still bubble my Age Old but only for an hour or so ahead of the feeding for added oxygen in the water.

I'm not ragging on EJ, mine just smelled really bad. I know it works well for many.

BC

Yeah, it seems "light" but I would imagine with feeding every watering that any strain would almost not complain... awesome. Good luck with everything I'll be waiting around for another pic update :)

I say "light", but just mixed up a gallon for my 3D and 2 teaspoons of Age Old grow, 2ml of EJ Microblast, and 2ml of Cal-Mag+ is 1140ppm. That is without the Molasses.

BC

Back
Top Bottom