Humic Acid types, what do you use or recommend?

Hey everyone....

I have so far used Europonic Humic acid as well as Advanced Nutrient's Humic acid and was wondering what everyone is using or had success with.

I have read that depending on how the humic acid is obtained, and also what part of the world it's from determines how much humic/fulvic % is in the humic liquid. I also have read that some is extracted strait from the leonardite and some is extracted from mining/coal byproducts. It also seems to me that each one has different percentages of humic acid content..

Anyone had success with one over the other..

I noticed for me the Europonic seemed much thicker, and darker and the H2 by Advanced Nutr. was much lighter and seemed more pureified or thinner. As far as performance though, couldn't really tell the difference between the 2...

Neither.

Fulvic acid is our speciality. We provide top-shelf humic products.

The real deal for real deal organic farmers. No fancy labels or cute names though. No outrageous prices either.

DD

Appreciate the help..checked out there site, very informational, especially about the different ratings and listings for the % of humic and fulvic acids..

I looked into earthjuice also and that one seems to be the highest content I have seen so far...but still looking... I am also using F1 fulvic too, but want the humic for the soil.

We use Dragonfly Earth Medicines Brilliant Black Humates. They are micronized humates with high Fulvic and Humic content, mixed with micronized OG alfalfa, and a OG beneficial bacteria blend. It comes as a powder that you brew, and is a great dry amendment. We love to use humates with mycorrhizae when transplanting!

Blessings..

A few months back I came across this humic/fulvic product called key to uptake and it is the best/most concentrated humic I have come across and when I called the company to ask about it they were super helpful and I even got to talk with the owner of the company and he was extremely knowledgeable. I suggest checking it out.

Hey everyone....

I have so far used Europonic Humic acid as well as Advanced Nutrient's Humic acid and was wondering what everyone is using or had success with.

I have read that depending on how the humic acid is obtained, and also what part of the world it's from determines how much humic/fulvic % is in the humic liquid. I also have read that some is extracted strait from the leonardite and some is extracted from mining/coal byproducts. It also seems to me that each one has different percentages of humic acid content..

Anyone had success with one over the other..

I noticed for me the Europonic seemed much thicker, and darker and the H2 by Advanced Nutr. was much lighter and seemed more pureified or thinner. As far as performance though, couldn't really tell the difference between the 2...
It's my opinion that an Extracted Humate is more functional than a Raw Material Humate.

Raw material humate is typically called Leonardite, Oxidized Sub-bituminous Coal, Brown Coal or Lignite Coal. All of which contain varying amounts of Complex Humic, Fulvic, Humin, Carbon molecules. These functional molecules are bound up in the insoluble raw material.

To make these functional carbons active, you need to extract them from the raw material humate. Once extracted, they become highly polydisperse and easily travel throughout the soil, where as un-extracted Raw Material Humate will not. Thus making it incredibly ineffective when compared to the efficacy of extracted humates.

In addition to Humic%, Fulvic%, Carbon%, Heavy metals concentration is also something that should be considered when using Humic Acid.

BIOAG FUL-POWER seems like a great product. I'm not sure what the cost is, but BIOAG looks like an innovative company. I wonder what their source of Raw Material Humate is?

Leadonite is inferior
Coal is crap
Bioag uses leodonite as do most.
Real fulvics are hard to find.
Not sayin the above doesnt work

But shael fulvic and humics are approved and stable higher in form to an extent u can get a shael6% that has more than leodinte at 15.

Then shilajit from the mountains can be expensive but is the most filled source full of many other properties cube in water and it lasts weeks dissolving away.

Usa shael is easy uk almost impossible

Leonardite, Oxidized Sub-bituminous Coals, Brown Coal, Humalite and Lignite coal all contain fulvic acids and are the best known sources available on the planet. Some have higher concentrations than others it just depends on how the deposit was originally formed and the geological conditions its been through over the thousands of years its been around. These fulvic acids are very old and have had a VERY long time to become complex molecules, which is what makes the functional groups of the molecules so outstanding for agriculture.

You can also get fulvics from compost and peat, but those are not as functional or complex as the fulvic acids you'd find in the Leonardite, Oxidized Sub-bituminous Coals, Brown Coal, Humalite, or Lignite coals.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Many unscrupulous manufacturers will use lignosulfonates to artificially inflate fulvic acid content and its the majority of what you are purchasing when you purchase a powdered form of Fulvic Acid. The only TRUE fulvic acids are available as a liquid, all powdered forms contain lignosulfonates to trick the lab analysis and give false fulvic %. I work with a multitude of international labs that test for fulvic and have spoken to many experts who have been testing fulvics for over 30 years.

Leonardite, Oxidized Sub-bituminous Coals, Brown Coal, Humalite and Lignite coal all contain fulvic acids and are the best known sources available on the planet. Some have higher concentrations than others it just depends on how the deposit was originally formed and the geological conditions its been through over the thousands of years its been around. These fulvic acids are very old and have had a VERY long time to become complex molecules, which is what makes the functional groups of the molecules so outstanding for agriculture.

You can also get fulvics from compost and peat, but those are not as functional or complex as the fulvic acids you'd find in the Leonardite, Oxidized Sub-bituminous Coals, Brown Coal, Humalite, or Lignite coals.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Many unscrupulous manufacturers will use lignosulfonates to artificially inflate fulvic acid content and its the majority of what you are purchasing when you purchase a powdered form of Fulvic Acid. The only TRUE fulvic acids are available as a liquid, all powdered forms contain lignosulfonates to trick the lab analysis and give false fulvic %. I work with a multitude of international labs that test for fulvic and have spoken to many experts who have been testing fulvics for over 30 years.
It's a very complicated substance. It's millions of years of organic compounds broken down and concentrated and is very hard to quantify.

Fulvic acid is short-chain organic acids. It is light in color, orange or gold and soluble at all pH levels. It is immediately bioavailable for use in hydroponics, soil and foliar usage. Humic acid is long-chain organic acids. It is darker and only soluble at an alkaline. It contains carbon, isn't immediately bioavailable and is only suitable for long-term soil building.

Most fulvic acid listed on fertilizer labels use outdated V&B (Verpleugh and Branifold) testing. This percentage includes the inactive ash content. California and Oregon use even older and inaccurate CDFA testing. CDFA discards the fulvic acid content and only lists the humic content. ISO and LAMAR fulvic acid testing is slightly more up to date and accurate, but the same batch can vary by 10% in test results.

Let's take a couple commercial products as examples. BioAG Ful-Power is 8% V&B, but only 0.15% ISO/LAMAR of actual fulvic acid. Ferti-Organic Fert-Fulvic Plus is 90% V&B, but only 14% ISO/LAMAR fulvic acid. The percentage listed on the label is not what is in the bottle or bag.

Leonardite is a very poor source of fulvic acid. It is a byproduct of the coal and gas industry. It is harvested by strip and blast mining and is very bad for the environment. It is extracted by harsh hydroxide chemical extraction. The extra potassium from the the extraction process can lock out calcium in plants. Shale fulvic acid can be water extracted and is much more environmentally responsible.

Because it is millions of years of organic matter being broken down, some sources of fulvic contain amino and organic acids that are beneficial for plants.

TL;DR: The best sources of fulvic acid are:

1. Tested with ISO/LAMAR, not V&B or CDFA
2. Shale, not Leonardite based
3. Water, not hydroxide or chemically extracted

4. Contain fulvic (not primarily humic), amino and organic acids

As bill farthing said. Mr fulvic is a great source as is agt50 or in eu lifeelixre. and proven tested vs bioag and other competitors using 80%less and yeilding 14%more.

Fulvics are amazing i use them personaly and are responcible for fixing autoimmune dissorders to points drs told me inwas doomed lol

1 Sept 2016 · COMPARISON OF THE EFFECTS OF AgTonik's MLG-50™ AND BioAg's FUL-POWER™. ON CANNABIS PRODUCTION. Results of a Study ...

Mr Fulvic is more$$ that Ful-power.

Can get plenty of fulvic and humic acid from kelp meal as well for a slightly longer release time. I use kelp meal in my soil mix and foliar on Ful-power.
Mr fulvics 20quid a litre and ya need like 1 ml a dose lol its pretty cheap.
I cant get it herebso im left buying expensive i pay 20quid for 250ml causebits impossiblebin uk to find a real one. Even ghe and an are shitty coal and leoadanite usa has somany options thatnuse shaelbyour not resrtictedb to mr fulvis but hes a good example of that does work

Back
Top Bottom