Actually a great potting soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I guess a lot of farmers will spit on you and your meds if you grow in Miracle Grow, and I want to know why.

First, lets examine pictures of my budding OG, which is producing some very good buds that will be highly medicating, this was grown in Miracle Grow potting mix and with a very stable pH of 7.9 or 8

photo_12_11.JPG

photo_14_7.JPG

photo_1_48.jpg

photo_4_27.jpg

photo_6_17.JPG

photo_7_17.JPG

photo_8_17.JPG

photo_11_11.JPG

photo_10_14.JPG

photo_9_16.JPG

photo_10_15.JPG

photo_12_12.JPG

photo_11_12.JPG

photo_9_18.JPG

With a pH of 8, there has been no deficiencies, and overall no real issues using Miracle Grow, and a pH of above 7 ( which I've read isn't recommended for soil growing ).

Thanks for looking!:420:

~RL

What it is, is MG soil has slow release chem nutes. If you wanna do organic obviously that wont work anymore. Also it just becomes a bit harder to judge how much extra nutes you can add in since you have those slow release ones in there. Plus since slow release chem nutes are almost always water soluble if the plant gets a lot of watering (aka it rains) it will get over nuted most of the time.

Personally I feel if you cool with it then I am all for it. I just like the idea of organic myself. Just like if I have a choice between organic produce, or chemically grown monsanto shit, I definitely go for all natural. I guess thats why I have started trying to grow a lot of my own veggies n fruits.

What it is, is MG soil has slow release chem nutes. If you wanna do organic obviously that wont work anymore. Also it just becomes a bit harder to judge how much extra nutes you can add in since you have those slow release ones in there. Plus since slow release chem nutes are almost always water soluble if the plant gets a lot of watering (aka it rains) it will get over nuted most of the time.

Personally I feel if you cool with it then I am all for it. I just like the idea of organic myself. Just like if I have a choice between organic produce, or chemically grown monsanto shit, I definitely go for all natural. I guess thats why I have started trying to grow a lot of my own veggies n fruits.

There is both water-soluble and water-insoluble nitrogen, nitrogen toxicity in an alkaline environment is possible, but for a vegging cannabis plant, IMO, is unlikely. By the time the plant begins to flower, most of the slow release nutes that were found in the MG soil, will have been used up. They only last about 2-3 months. Also, I add an organic fertilizer that contains an 8-5-5 NPK ratio, with more slow-release nitrogen ( for vegging ). Also it has the organic part with added bone meal/meat meal.. it feeds up to 2-3 months...

Now that you are mentioning organic this , and organic that, please read this thread:
Is water quality/source important in organics?

If an organism soley relied on organic compounds to survive, they would die. The fact is everything needs inorganic metals, and alkali metals to survive. The idea of being "fully organic" is part of a marketing agenda.

You might notice I was one of the first people to talk in that thread Lee :p.

Also fully organic isnt a impossibility. What is a forest untouched by synthetic chemicals? How did the plant life on earth survive for millions of years before man?

I'm just saying the term "fully organic" is politically spun out of wack. The vital force here, that you speak of, has been spoken of for thousands of years. They believe that living organisms are completely different than non-living things. Also, they believe that the "natural" plant-derived vitamins, flavor compounds, etc. are somehow different, and more healthful than the identical "artificial" synthesized compounds.

Vitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom