Water PH Levels

Does not make a blind bit of difference with soil to be perfectly honest as soil/compost/coco coir are self buffering, basically what that means you can water with what ever Ph of tap water or water with nutrients added to to it & over the a short period of time the soil/compost will return to its ambient PH level !

Providing you growing medium /soil/compost has a PH value between PH 6 & 7 you will fine.

Heres a link to a some one else thread which i helped explain the buffering effect, ya need to read through the post to get the tasty bits of info - Measure pH directly in soil or from run-off water?

I am confused on what ph levels my nutrient water should be at. Can anyone inform me on PH guidelines?

Best

I think everybody has a somewhat of a different guideline for ph, I prefer to keep it simple, the soil mix that I use is between 6.0 and 6.8 ph, I keep my water at 6.5 ph, I do this for the whole grow, thats it. Never had an issue with ph again. My nute water is always the same that I water with 6.5.
It's all about nutrient breakdown 6.5 will never let you down!

Hi! new to growing Organic.. I tried Hydroponic on my first grow which was a huge mistake, I ended up nute burning my 3 seedlings. Do I adjust ph of water before adding organic nutes? shall I also adjust my water for foliar? Can I use Nitric Acid to adjust my ph?

Hi! new to growing Organic.. I tried Hydroponic on my first grow which was a huge mistake, I ended up nute burning my 3 seedlings. Do I adjust ph of water before adding organic nutes? shall I also adjust my water for foliar? Can I use Nitric Acid to adjust my ph?

Hello,
I do adjust my water ph with organic nutes because the organic nutes increase the water ph too much. The ph is eventually suppose to even out with organic, however with my plants there was very evident burns on my leaves that stopped once I started reducing my ph. This is true for soil and hydro. Just make sure that you use an organic ph lowering solution if you plan on staying organic. Good luck!

:Namaste:

i have a question.. i am using Mycorrhizae in my soil and i a m having ph problems, how can i lower the ph in the water without killing the Mycorrhizae? my tap water is 8.0 ph, would lemon juice work?, if so how much should i use?

If you are using RO water the PH is absolutely irrelevant. Organics is not like growing with bottles. Leave that mindset behind and let the stuff that is living in the substrate handle the PH.

I second that, PH in organics is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom