Starting the soil for my very first grow

I am sure the answer to this question, basic as it is, can be found somewhere. However, I am blind, and surfing through forums, as entertaining as it can be, can sometimes be frustrating when you are looking for a specific thing. So, here goes...
First, I have never grown one plant. So, please treat me like I have the information of an infant on this subject. I am wanting to grow enough legally, so that My Wife and I can partake in some different strains, and supply ourselves to save money on the Dispensary costs. I have seen and read a few articles, and forum posts about water-only soil. Basically, the way I understand it, is that you mix together a sort of super soil, let it cook for a time, and then you can plant directly into that soil and not have to do anything but water it for the duration of the entire grow. No need for nuts, no flushing... no worries about pH, and the timing for any extra step after planting. Once the soil is made, basically there is no other expenses. This is what I want to do. For a blind person such as myself, it doesn't require a lot of sight... And My Wife can help me with any other visual things that either need to be done, or be observed.
The first question is this... If somebody would not mind, could you please post the ingredients for a good basic soil as described above, using double spaces between each ingredient? If possible, measurements for each would be appreciated as well. The talkback function on my phone tends to run things together if it is good on the same line, even if separated by commas. This way, each ingredient comes through loud and clear, & I can easily separate the ingredients and follow that recipe. As a final note for this first step, cost needs to be kept to a minimum. Social Security disability does not give you a lot of extra income to use for projects like this. Thank you in advance for your help! God bless...

trying to learn to grow flowers organically.

You could use SubCool's recipe but it's what we call a hot type of soil which means anything from potassium through phosphorus to zinc, iron or magnesium will be through the roof and that gives you 50/50 chance of delivering a high quality produce. You see some strains will be just fine in this mix but some won't take it well and you won't be able to tell what screws up nutrient intake.

Much better would be to get organic garden soil composed of loam or mixture of loam and peat, then add around 20% compost or worm castings, and then add the next 20% of limestone or lithothamnium. It's a rough estimate but it'll work just fine.

Sent from my SM-T335 using 420

Back
Top Bottom