Compost & worm tea recipe for flower

Jedthedog

Looking for a recipe for flower .We avoid chemicals and have had some very nice results with worm castings,organic compost from our kitchen,bat guano,alfalfa,liquid fish, and molasses used during veg. Now it is time to flower and was wondering does anyone add epsom salt, or potash in to the flower mix? Thank you for the info ......

re: Compost & worm tea recipe for flower

Some rock phosphate would be nice, but you've got alot of stuff going into your tea already. Rock phos is long term so you might as well just top dress it and let it break down in the soil. I would probably top dress a high phos guano as well for any bigger plants.

hey NuttyProf, probably stupid Q but just want to check - you add the strained liquid to the tea yes? Not the leftover seed 'mulch'? and how long do you simmer for?

Cheers :)

Thank you all for the replies.. I do need to get some rock dust but I did top dress with some epsom salts..You guys rock .

just make up like a soup , i throw the chunks/mulch into my compost bin let simmer for 10/15 mins add a spoon of molasses because the liquid is hot the molasses will melt better , add to your tea :)

Cheers NuttyProf. Will give it a try. One more Q if I may - what is the molasses for/what benefits does it add?

Scrap that Q - replied then thought I should just search 'molasses' and wow there's some good info here which I should have thought to look for first. Can't believe I never heard of using it, after reading on this site for the last ~18months - the helpful info here never ceases to amaze me. And the learning process continues...

See that's all good and well but it's not realistic I mean come on really there doctors with basically unlimited funding I don't know about you but I'm a pot head and my budget is nill my compost consists of garden and yard and some table scraps airraiting is turning it every couple weeks with a shovel and pitch fork I love to learn the stuff it's cool but can anyone really do this can someone tell me like how to make a good tea on a limited urban setting organic "tea" I can REALLY make

Outdoors organics

Start out with a 5 gallon bucket,a good air pump with an air stone,2 handfuls of compost,1 handful of worm castings,Bat Guano,and molasses. You have a very basic recipe that works ..Happy Growing..

That's the best now how often do I use that

Outdoors organics

I usually let this work for 2 days. Strain it and cut it in half with chlorine free water and feed all week. Keep it aerated and you can use it all week. Seems like we always have about 10 gallons of water being aerated ...I would like to add that since we use this compost/worm tea no bugs,no nute burn,better taste and flavor from the product,and you just feel better without having to add chemicals. I have done side by side comparisons ..You do not need those nutes to raise fine cannabis.. Good luck.

I usually let this work for 2 days. Strain it and cut it in half with chlorine free water and feed all week. Keep it aerated and you can use it all week. Seems like we always have about 10 gallons of water being aerated ...I would like to add that since we use this compost/worm tea no bugs,no nute burn,better taste and flavor from the product,and you just feel better without having to add chemicals. I have done side by side comparisons ..You do not need those nutes to raise fine cannabis.. Good luck.

I swear see this is me reading to much I feel like I don't know anything lol so I have a problem with the aerating.... I forgot that last guano worm castings kelp fish fert and let it cook for a week and it almost killed my plants so what can I do with basically no cash (plenty of too strong cannabutter ) to aerate? And how do u keep the pump from clogging I have to small fountain pumps?

Outdoors organics

Also I've started to flower so I'm transplanting today anything u can tell me ? Tricks you know I don't lol?

Outdoors organics

Get a pump like this and an airstone Amazon: O2 Commercial Air Pump, 571 gph 2.47 psi 2 watts 12 volt Hydroponics,Aquarium,Pond air pump

1666764059739.png

Get a pump like this and an airstone Amazon: O2 Commercial Air Pump, 571 gph 2.47 psi 2watts 12volt Hydroponics,Aquarium,Pond air pump

I ordered it so I want that pump on 24/7 in a 5 gallon bucket with that blend of yours and after two days split it in half with chlorine free water and keep it pumping after I mix and strain or so I not pump till after the two day cook?

Outdoors organics

I do not really understand you last sentence.. Google worm tea and compost tea .. All kinds of videos.. Happy Growing ...

I use no pump, stream water that already has natural Philems and organic organisms living, worm castings, a half cup organic molasses or corn syrup take my bucket full 2/3 with castings then stuff into pantyhose tie off, and soak for 12-18 hours add roots trinity Buddha bloom and surge. Let stand an additional 12 hours water plants. I stir every 2-4 hours. Here's my 100% organic first grow ever currently in day of flower 30.
c6ec4936353e8087641b30aab1b63b58.jpg
672f1ec03532e16b13a251c6f69a0fe5.jpg
f055e15e46f12f5ef28efe7aa6257db5.jpg

Not an expert at all but I found this to work so awesome. I take bits and pieces and read a lot before making any decisions. Happy growing.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Back
Top Bottom