Hey quick question about soil

Bacondoggy

my mom seems to think that I am over-analyzing everything -and not to worry. I'm not worried I just wanted to buy better stuff over stuff I don't need. Like fish emulsion is organic and has micronutrients. -Do you think everything in that list would be in a 4 dollars bag of organic potting soil?

There are about seven nutrients essential to plant growth and health that are only needed in very small quantities. Though these are present in only small quantities, they are all necessary:

Boron-is believed to be involved in carbohydrate transport in plants; it also assists in metabolic regulation. Boron deficiency will often result in bud dieback.Chlorine-is necessary for-osmosis-and ionic balance; it also plays a role in-photosynthesis.Copper-is a component of some enzymes. Symptoms of copper deficiency include browning of leaf tips and chlorosis.Iron-is essential for chlorophyll synthesis, which is why an iron deficiency results in-chlorosis.Manganese-activates some important enzymes involved in-chlorophyll-formation. Manganese deficient plants will develop-chlorosis-between the veins of its leaves. The availability of manganese is partially dependent on soil pH.Molybdenum-is essential to plant health. Molybdenum is used by plants to reduce nitrates into usable forms. Some plants use it for nitrogen fixation, thus it may need to be added to some soils before seeding legumes.Zinc-participates in chlorophyll formation, and also activates many enzymes. Symptoms of-zinc deficiency-include chlorosis and stunted growth. - - - - -

Back
Top Bottom