Organic soil critique & help

silverrocksta

Hi everyone,
This will be my first time growing organic, and have gathered a ton of info from many different sources all over the web. I plan on doing no-till in raised beds in my greenhouse and watering with straight water with periodic AACT. I am looking for opinions on what i plan to run and advice on how i could improve on my mix before i add all the amendments to my base mix.

My Base Mix:(already mixed up)

Equal parts peat/aeration/compost
Peat-equal parts coir and peat.
Aeration-1 part perlite, 1 part vermiculite, 2 parts pumice.
Compost-equal parts EWC(almost all homemade, didn't have enough), mushroom compost and local farm compost(have my compost started but wont be usable till all the snow is gone)

Amendments/cubic foot:

Alfalfa meal-1/2 cup
Crab meal-3/4 cup
Fish bone meal-1/2 cup
Glacier rock dust-4 cups
Gypsum-1/2 cup
Kelp meal-3/4 cup
Neem seed meal-1 cup
Oyster shell flour-3/4 cup
Green sand- 1 cup

AACT:

I made the mistake of buying my pump before reading into the requirements(thanks MicrobeMan) so made a choice i now regret. I went with the Hydrofarm aapa45l, it will have to do for now but will be buying in one of the Element Air pump by summer.

5 gallon distilled water
2 cups EWC
4 TBSP blackstrap molasses
2 TBSP Kelp Meal

As this is my first season going organic i wish i could have been better prepared but have plans to make next years a lot better. I will be growing chamomile, borage, yarrow and buckwheat. I will be using them to top dress, in my compost and thinking about trying some companion planting as well.
I also have some 200xx aloe vera powder inbound so will be using that as a foliar spray.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and for all the info this forum has
Cheers

re: Organic soil critique & help

Id say thats apretty darn good start. Thats the great part about organic soils is that as long as you start with the equal parts base material (1/3+1/3+1/3) everything else can be adjusted or played with and experimented with. I would use that mix but I grow indoors in 5 gal buckets. LOS is a beautiful thing! But I would love to hear from some of the other "authority's" on the matter because I am by no means an expert on anything. But you will end up with some good smoke in the end. Grsat job!

Sent from my SM-N920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

re: Organic soil critique & help

Thanks for the reply Big Sparks, im really looking forward to some good clean buds

i too will be growing inside, i will be using 7 gallon buckets, its still a little ways away from start up tho. i will be building myself a led light and then have to get the room dialed in environment wise before sparking up. prob mid to late summer(gives me time to cook soil, build up compost and grow some plants for mulch) by the time i get everything set up and dialed in correctly.

Back
Top Bottom