Organic Soil Mix

PagodaVapors

Sup guys, soon I'm going to be mixing up my first organic batch of soil and would love to hear some of your guys mixes. Please feel free to share I always love to see what others do and learn from them. Thank you ahead of time much appreciated. Also what are some of your experiences when it comes to cooking your soil during the winter? Ever done it in the garage ? When it was cold outside. Please leave your comments about that I'm curious.

I'm going to go with the subcool super soil recipe for my first go then eventually tweak the recipe a little and see what works best for me !

3 cubic feet of either Roots Organic or Promix (not to sure yet) I might go with the Roots Organic because of the coco.

20-30% of Perlite

8.25 lbs of Worm castings

0.625 lbs ( A little over 1 Cup) of Fish Bone Meal

0.625 lbs ( A little over 1 Cup) of Bone Meal

1.25 lbs of Blood Meal

3/4 Cup of Oyster Shell

3/4 Cup of Kelp Meal

3/4 Cup of Alfalfa Meal

1.25 lbs of Fox Farm Happy Frog High Phosphorus Bat Guano

1/4 Cup Of some Kind of calcium amendment ( dolomite , gypsum , calcium cabronate ) what do you recommend ?

A little bit less than 1/4 Cup of epsom salt

1/2 Cup of Azomite

1/2 Tbsp ( 7.5mL ) of Humic Acid

What brands of humid acids have you guys used? Any recommendations?

How did this soil turn out?

Im using an organic soil for my first grow. but its store bought...

IMG_140028.JPG

Can i ask you about worm castings? Ive found this worm juice id like to use, but need more info Worm Juice 1.5litre organic leachate | eBay

Hold on there... you need a proper soil mix. All those amendments and your plants wont get out of the ground.

Here's my mix that I use No-til (over and over same container).

1 part. Peat Moss - Canadian Spagnum Peat Moss
1 part. Aeration (pear-lite/rice hulls whatever is available at the local nursery)
1 part. Compost (Coast of Maine or home made or Malibu BU Blend)

Mixed with:
Acadian Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
Neem Cake and Karanja Cake 50/50 Mix @ 1/2 cup per cubic foot
Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
Gypsum Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Brix Blend Basalt @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Glacial Rock Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Oyster Flour @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Pre-Charged Bio Char (Black Owl has some pre-charged) best to make your own compost tea and add a few cups of bio char... that will pre-charge it.

Notice no bone meals and no guanos and most of the items on you initial list.

Your list is VERY heavy in P and K ... it's not balanced. Please read over the list I'm offering and hit me with some questions if you need to.

Generally any "bone" meals... although they MAY be organic, there's no way to tell if the animals were treated humanely AND more importantly fed antibiotics and steroids.... fish bone meal will add too much P and will negatively affect the micro herd (bacteria, mycorrhizae) you want to have in the soil to grow organically.

The list I'm offering here is balanced and won't poison you or your plants. All you need to do is make some compost teas from time to time and water that in.

Back
Top Bottom