Nute burn or deficiency?

Tunen

Hi guys - what\'s the verdict you reckon? Nute burn? Deficiency? This is my first auto grow, I have to admit.

IMG_705612.JPG

The tips of the large fan leaves are miscolored and some of the small new branch leaves\' tips look real crispy to me (you have to zoom in to see this).

I planted the sprouted seeds on dec 24 and have only fed them bio-bizz fish mix (slowly ramping up) until this monday, where I added 1mL of bio-bizz bio bloom per Liter of water given (I water 2 Liters twice weekly and the smart pots are 9 gallons). The medium is bio-bizz light mix with 25% extra perlite mixed in.

Hope you can help :cheer:

I recon you got some deficiencies there mate, I'd suggest to get yourself some CalMag. Flush her with some PH'd water with 1ml per litre of CalMag. Should sort her out

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks buddy - why CalMag?

Because it's got a list of things in that will cover almost all deficiencies that your nutrients don't cover. I tend to use CalMag in every feed really helps with autos grown under LED lights.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for your help - can you refer me to a specific cal/mag product?

Google is giving me a hard time...

Woah.... yellowing tips is nute burn 100%. We are in an organic soil forum right?

Cal/mag is not organic... and will not help with tip burn. You'll have other issues soon enough.

I suggest putting down the bottles and step back away from the plant and try just plain filtered water, wait a week and see if the plants don't keep growing as they are. They actually look fine to me, probably the last thing you did caused the problem.

this quoted from your first post: "1mL of bio-bizz bio bloom per Liter of water given"

What's in "boi-bizz"?? - read the label and likely you will read what's causing the problems. If leaf tips burnt the roots are burning....

Biobizz claims "organic" but doesn't actually list the ingredients ... I did find this little tidbit:

"Pre·Mix is a well-guarded secret. It is used in combination with high-quality organic worm
castings to fortify any soil or soilless mix."

Secret?? Really.... not secret, product made to lighten wallet. (no secret)

and this:

"All·Mix® is a heavily pre-fertilized organic soil mixture. It has been designed to emulate
rich outdoor soil with a full micro active eco system, but in such a way that it has enough
power to sustain lush plant growth for a couple of weeks with no extra fertilizer input
required."

This is a cast off from the hydroponic sub-culture. If you think you're growing organically with that, I'd reconsider and I don't care if it has a OMRI listing. You can purchase one of those, again the almighty dollar at work... and it's your almighty dollar.

Take a look at Kelp Meal ... buy some put a 1/2 cup into a bucket of water and stir ... can even throw in a cup of worm castings. stir.. let sit overnight = bucket of biobizz without any preservatives.

Please whatever you do, DON'T "FLUSH" the soil.That wont do anything except drown the roots adding insult to injury.

Back
Top Bottom