PH in 8.0 out at 6.0

Gitane

Built some soil last year.
Checked the water used regular tap with an 8.0 ph and runoff was 6.0
Does that mean my soil ph is 4.0?
I'm getting some signs of nutrient deficiency on the Bubblegum. The Northern Lights and Green Crack don't seem to show any deficiencies. They're in 4th week of flowering.
Should I add in dolomite lime?

I'd stop worrying about PH when growing organically and start thinking instead what's in my soil. Does it have right organic matter content for microlife to thrive? Does it have right cation-exchange capacity? Does it have right mineral composition? Does it grow healthy plants? Does it stay moist as long as it should? Does it have to be boosted in veg/bloom? Start from breaking down the components of your soil? What is the basis and what are the amendments?

Conradino. Thank you. I've been following your advice for a while now in building a soil my plants have been far healthier without any of the apparent deficiencies than when I used straight bag soil. Now mix in EWC dolomite lime epsom salt kelp meal bone meal bat guano. In the last few weeks of bloom and leaves are almost too green. No fade. Decent bud development but yields are still low - 2 - 3 oz per plant in 10 gallon container
I'm still uncertain on the proper ratios in adding the micro nutrients. I've seen you advice to minimize the P and K and added in crab meal alfalfa meal and volcanic dust in my newest build. Got an Acapulco gold and silver haze growing in this batch. I cut the EWC down as well thinking the above soil was too N heavy. I still water with earth juice nutrients out of habit as the taste and smoking quality has always been super. But I'll forget about the ph level and give it un adjusted nutrients
What is cation exchange and how do I achieve it?
Thanks again. You have been increadibly helpful over the past 3 years in my continuing education

Back
Top Bottom