Organic super soil without any harm to animals?

Skullman420

I see a lot of the ingredients in organic soil recipes contain animal products. So I was thinking how can we build a equal quality soil without hurting any animals. Is there such a thing as a vegan way to a perfect organic soil recipe for cannabis? I don't know. Personally I am not vegan but vegetarian. Anyway - I would like to grow cannabis with the least amount of harm possible to mother earth and the species here.

From an external article:

"Cannabis is a plant. Doesn't that make it vegan by nature? Well, not exactly. Many of the plants we eat are fertilized with animal products. Bone meal, fish hydrolase, and blood meal are all common organic fertilizers. As their names suggest, all of these products contain animal materials.

Adding animal materials to your plants is a quick way to get a huge nutrient boost. Unfortunately, this means that the plants you're smoking still rely on animal agriculture. Bad news if you're an environmental or ethical herbivore"

Anyone have any thought about this?

More from the article:

“Veganic” is a hybrid term for vegan and organic. Veganic growing uses no animal products or synthetic pesticides or fertilizers. That’s right, it’s all plant-on-plant action.

Several growers and dispensaries are starting to add veganic cannabis to their menus. California’s Buds & Roses now offers several different veganic strains. The famous grow master Kyle Kushman has created a line of veganic nutrients along with a handful of growing videos.

Vegan growers just say no to animal fertilizers. Supplemental nutrients are added via compost teas, worm castings, and plant-based meals. Not only do plants love these products, but they are low cost and reduce some of the environmental impact of cannabis growing.

Indoor grows, in particular, are under fire for their large amounts of energy consumption. Eliminating animal products is one step toward more earth-friendly grow practices.

Cool! Thanks! Since I wrote this, I decided to go back to hydroponics. But this is very useful information for others out there :)

Cool! Thanks! Since I wrote this, I decided to go back to hydroponics. But this is very useful information for others out there :)

Lol. I just noticed the date you first posted.
Good info either way. Enjoy your weekend.

Back
Top Bottom