Do it yourself - DIY - Organic fertilizers

J2man728

Hey what's up guys I really just wanted to start a thread where we all come together and share the things we do to fertilize or grows for free using things that nature has readily available for us to use! I only have time tonight to put up one idea but there are more to come.

on coastal bc, we collect and spead out seaweed high up beach on rocks or sand so rainy season can wash out, but not wash away. Wait for it too dry up for first warm month, grind up... (place in garbge can with slit cut half way across lid for a weedwakers handle to fit. Use like big grinder to break up sea weed into small mulch. bag this store and use as tea additive ( 4 cups per standard garbage can of water) or crumble even smaller as soil additive before planting by the ice cream bucket 1 to 100 ft row. work in whole row or sprinkle a hand full into transplant hole.
Notexxxx
The finer it is... the more available the nutrients, the less you need. The longer the tea soak, the more available the nutrients.

Over time you will use less as you refine powdering it down for year round use rather than as mulch or compost additive since it takes alot of dried kelp to make 1 bucket of powdered kelp. And 1 table spoon powder can make 1 galoon of tea or mix in soil over a 10 ft row for seeding nutrients.

I found this on another online site so it's not in my exact words but I do something similar and will be trying this guy's method rather than just rinsing and top dressing as mulch or using the seaweed in teas for foliar feeding as well as watering.i hope this gets us all fired up I have more ideas I will be bringing up but I am hoping to learn about many cool new ideas from many of you!
Peace out and ttfn,
Blazyshwazy/j2man

I have never heard of collecting beneficial bacteria by burying rice near tree roots would love to hear more about that and how it's done the other ideas are great I have been worm composting for a few years now I absolutely love having the fresh castings on hand for teas or just amending soil. Also the coffee grounds are great I like to crush up eggshells using the back of a hammer and then mixing that with my coffee/tea leftovers and then when I add new compost to my pots I throw in a couple handfuls of the coffee eggshell mix, it seems to really help in veg not so much flower!

Good morning all maybe take a look at this site, theunconventionalfarmer.com , I make a similar organic feeding for my small garden...and recycle food garden stuff and don't let it get wasted like here in burning ovens to produce a bit electric ( not efficient at all and burning living things what we can't even make new again ourselves )

So I just wanted to bring aloe vera up in this section a few years back in took a few aloe pups from my Gmas Hughes aloe plant and brought them home to plant now they are all large with plenty of pups of there own and I cut a 2 or 3 inch price from a leaf cut it open and remove all the clear pulp from the inside with a spoon. Then I place the pulp in a gallon of water shake it up and feed every other watering! Also I have been using the aloe as a rooting hormone and had incredible success with it, if u haven't tried it is would recommend it. It's free and just as effective as dip n grow in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom