Whats so great about organic?

Urdedpal

Whats so great about organic verses chemical?I know is sounds cool and all lovy duvy tree hugging like but is there really any true difference?
I grow with a ebb n flow system and use general hydroponics tri-pack.
I also use a couple boosters.I find that using chemicals is easier and i flush my plants very thoroughly one to two weeks before harvest.I can tell that my weed tastes great and the ash in my bowl is gray.Does weed taste better organic?Does it grow better?Can somebody help me out here?

PM p420, black, carp, they should know.

Well yeah organics give the weed a better smell and flavor. Organics are also better for your health because chemical nutes are some what radio active. When you smoke there may be residues from the chemical nute solution with in the leaf. This is redused by properly flushing the plant with strait water for the last week of bud. You can also use a leaching solution.

:edit: I forgot to add... GN are great nutes if you flush. Like you said you do then great. It is still a better idea to use organic. It will still taste and smell better. Chemical nutes are easyer and more convienet for hydroponics. Some argue that it grows better chemical. I put it like this, If you had the choice to replace food with chemicals whould you? Like they say yoy are what you eat. I like my weed natural and safe. MMMM. Nothing better than organic slow cured buds. You can still grow huge buds with organic, but its easyer with chemical. It is up to you.

I know it's an old thread but I figured I'd add my 2 cents. Organic nutrients are usually much thicker then chemical nutrients. The problem you may have using organic nutes in aeroponics or hydroponics is that your system may tend to clog much faster. Just something to keep in mind if you decide to make the jump to organic. I would recommend buying a small amount of organic nutes at first and keep a close eye on your system and tubes (if you have any).

well, there are no nasty chemicals involved 1st and foremost: chemicals are bad for the environment, disposing of them is a problem and they can leak into the water supply. Also, you can really burn your plants, not to mention the taste while smoking it. Organic nutes aren't made from nasty chems. Remember DUPONT? they have probably made more fertilizers from chemicals than any other company in the world. They have made it to INDIA, where farmers commit suicide due to no yields from their crops using DUPONT CHEMICAL LADEN FERTILIZERS which kills the earth. For cannabis, if you are using it for medicine, you really need to smoke organic herb, why smoke cannabis grown from chemicals if you can smoke cannabis grown from organics. I have noticed a huge difference in taste and overall (hydro) system cleanliness as well. Chemicals bad , organic good. think about buying veggies from a farmers market, I would opt for the organic veggies over the nasty commerical veggies.

When growing with organic one should put a pump in the res to keep the nutes stirred.

Also if you still have questions about chemicas vs organic please watch :

I WANT MY FATHER BACK
I want my Father back - Part 1 of 2

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1482107411279204352
a video made in INDIA, explaining HOW DUPONT forced farmers to use their ferts to farm cotton, but the crops and land died, so then the farmers committed suicide, Still happening to this day!

i used fox farms soil and nutes for my last grow and the blue cheese smells and smokes amazing. i get high just smelling it in the glass jar.

Organinc Gardening is a beconing art, as was popular years ago. I was introduced to Organic Gardening over 33 years ago, while growing my first Cannabis Crop.
The mixing of the initial soils from a Base such as... Mac Nut Husks composted and Black Cinder broken down, start with a 50/50 mix of that as a base. Then adding, Green sand, Bone Meal, Blood Meal, wood Ash, Kelp or Seaweed, Hydrated Lime,Bat Guano or Cow Manure,Azomite and mixing this altogether to form an overall Veg to Flower mix.
Adding along the way, FF Big Bloom, Budswel.
Not using containers and having Grow Beds that are on an average of 40-100 sq ft. The average gallon mix is over 400 gallons of soil per Raised Bed. In these beds are 10-15 cannabis plants that can grow nicely. The rest of the garden beds are always full of Vegetables, fruit etc...

Never had a problem with maintaining res or system with 100% organic. Just be prepared that the nute/water solution is "dirtier" than chemicals... cloudy, thick and a good amount of suspended solids. I'm used to pulling the pumps and filters out of the res to give them a good rinse cleaning every week. takes all of 5 minutes.

But if you have an aero system or anything that uses a bunch of those little 360 degree spray heads, they will gum up fast. A good fix for this is to switch out to 90 or 180 degree spray heads which have a total different design and are FAR less prone to clogging.

I forgot to add that with organics nute burn and nute lockout just does not happen.
Chemical nutes are pre-broken down into a digestive form in a test tube, so whether your plants need a specific nute or not, it's already broken down and your plants will uptake them whether needed or not. Sometimes resulting in burn or lockout.
Organics are not pre-broken down like that and it's left to the plants natural function of breaking down only what it needs and uptaking that.
It's kinda like us with tube feeding vs. natural eating by mouth. Chemical nutes are like being tube fed and hoping the chemicals administered by the nurse is 100% spot-on so you dont get too little or too much which can make you unhealthier.
Eating by mouth... when you get full you stop eating. You got what you needed without someone still pumping you full of predigested chemicals.

Nice post

I forgot to add that with organics nute burn and nute lockout just does not happen.
Chemical nutes are pre-broken down into a digestive form in a test tube, so whether your plants need a specific nute or not, it's already broken down and your plants will uptake them whether needed or not. Sometimes resulting in burn or lockout.
Organics are not pre-broken down like that and it's left to the plants natural function of breaking down only what it needs and uptaking that.
It's kinda like us with tube feeding vs. natural eating by mouth. Chemical nutes are like being tube fed and hoping the chemicals administered by the nurse is 100% spot-on so you dont get too little or too much which can make you unhealthier.
Eating by mouth... when you get full you stop eating. You got what you needed without someone still pumping you full of predigested chemicals.
I always enjoy aquiring new info, do U mind sharing ur source of info so I can read more? Very informative +reps eScott.

Hey BWC. There's been many, many articles about the differences in chem vs. organic but what I just described above about chemical nutes being made to a predigested form thus taking the digesting control away from the plant is summed up nicely here in bold:
Chemical fertilizers (also called inorganic, synthetic, artificial, or manufactured) have been refined to extract nutrients and bind them in specific ratios with other chemical fillers. These products may be made from petroleum products, rocks, or even organic sources. Some of the chemicals may be naturally occurring, but the difference is that the nutrients in chemical fertilizers are refined to their pure state and stripped of substances that control their availability and breakdown, which rarely occurs in nature.
For those too high to read all that the important sentence....
nutrients in chemical fertilizers are refined to their pure state and stripped of substances that control their availability and breakdown

No control of availability and breakdown equals higher chances of nute burn or lockout.
With chemicals, the refining is done in a test tube, with organic, the refining is done by the plant just as in nature.

Mainstream website but good info on chem vs organic can be found here:
DIY: The Debate over Organic vs. Chemical Fertilizers - Danny Lipford

BTW, Thanx for the +rep!!
:slide:

That was a very helpful explanation. It was already suggested by DGMGH in my Largest Grow to Date journal and I've been contemplating it. After reading this I'm gonna definitely consider it. I think my next cycle I'll let U all vote on either the strain or method of growing. The only question that remains after the read is How do u transition from veg to bloom with everything incorporated into an organic mix, especially if it released slowly? Can u effectively leach out slow released nutrients that depend upon bacteria to break down organic material b4 switching to a flowering formula? Just curious.

I do organic under a 1k hps. I notice that sometimes it is harder to keep them alive but even the failures that have to be harvested early hit harder and taste better than anything i can get here. nugs or no. plus my ash always burns white.

CK

Back
Top Bottom