Neptune's Harvest Fish/Seaweed/Etc.

Anyone use the line of products from Neptune's Harvest? They seem to be OMRI certified so I thought these would be the best forums to ask in.

Fish Fertilizer 2-4-1
Fish/Seaweed Fertilizer 2-3-1
Seaweed Fertilizer 0-0-1
Kelp Meal 1-0-2
Crab Shell 2-3-0

I'll type their spiel in from the pamphlet:

Benefits of Fish 2-4-1 Neptune's Harvest is an organic fertilizer made from fresh fish remains. It is made by a unique cold process that protects the vitamins, amino acids, enzymes, and growth hormones. It also contains all the micro and macro nutrients naturally found in fish. The nitrogen and other nutrients are already chelated, so they are readily available for plants' consumption. Unlike fish emulsions, Neptune's Harvest retains the fish proteins and oils and has no unpleasant odor. University studies have shown Neptune's Harvest to outperform 20-20-20 chemical fertilizers.

Benefits of Seaweed 0-0-1 Neptune's Harvest Seaweed Supplement is an organic storehouse of over 60 naturally occuring major and minor nutrients and amino acids. It has growth promoting substances which enhance plant development, color and vigor, and has also been found to increase plant hardiness and resistance to adverse environmental conditions such as early frost, extreme heat, and lack of moisture. Used as a seed innoculant, seaweed fertilizer increases and accelerates germination and enhances the rapid development of a healthy root system. Seaweed is an excellent addition to any fertilization program.

Benefits of Fish/Seaweed 2-3-1 Neptune's Harvest Organic Fish/Seaweed Blend Fertilizer gives you the best of both products with a perfect blend of fish hydrolysate and seaweed, ensuring a complete fertilization program. Growers using our fish/seaweed blend fertilizer on a regular basis have reported increased marketable yields and improved shelf life on fruits and vegetables. Fish and seaweed are known to build sugars in plants. Flowers and foilage will be stronger and more colorful. Blooms will be more plentiful, fragrant, and longer-lasting.

Benefits of Crab Shell 2-3-0 CA23 Neptune's Harvest Organic Crab Shell is an excellent dry organic source of NPK, Calcium (23%) and Magnesium (1.33%). It will also help with nematode and fungus problems. Here's why: Crab Shell is high in Chitin (Kite-en) which promotes the growth of Chitin-eating bacteria in the soil. The exoskeleton of fungus and nematode eggs are high in chitin. Crab shell when added to the soil helps to create a hostile environment for the fungus and nematodes by feeding the biological life that eats chitin and chitin-based organisms. Crab Shell should be applied in the same way we recommend our Kelp Meal to be applied.

Benefits of Kelp 1-0-2 Neptune's Harvest Organic Kelp Meal is Ascophyllum Nodosum, which is widely recognized as one of the finest marine plants available for agriculture today. Kelp Meal is a natural and cost-effective enhancement to any soil and fertillization and conditioning program. It is suitable for all crops and applications and can be mixed with most soil conditioners and fertilizers. It can also be incorporated into potting soils, seed and transplant beds, as well as composting material. Kelp Meal contains minerals, carbohydrates, and amino acids. It will add organic matter to your soil and help it retain moisture. It will enhance healthy root growth.

Kelp Meal will keep your lawn healthy and green, even through drought periods. For gardens, till the Kelp Meal in as soon as the soil can be worked in the Spring. For perennial crops, apply at the end of dormancy. Mix thoroughly with the soil or growing media, taking care not to apply in concentrated form directly to the roots. To apply as a soil conditioner for fruit groves, ornamental trees, lawns and turf, apply directly as a top dressing.

We feel our fish fertilier is the best in the world. Here are some reasons why:

1. Our fertilizer contains much more than your NPK. It has Vitamins, Minerals, Macro and Micro Nutrients, Amino Acids, Trace Elements, and Growth Hormones. [No, I Don't Know Why They Capitalized Every Word LoL.]
  2. We have a unique cold process that protects the above mentioned, leaving them intact and readily available for your plants.
  3. Unlike fish emulsions, we remove no oil or meal from the fish, we do not cook our fish, and there is no offensive odor.
  4. The organic nitrogen and nutrients are chelated so they are readiliy-available for plants' consumption and will stay in the soil longer.
  5. It builds beneficial bacteria so soil is healthier and looser.
  6. Experts have reported usable compost in half the time.
  7. It is 100% organic, so it won't burn plants and roots or pollute the environment.
  8. Commercially proven to outperform chemicals.
  9. It builds sugars in plants which makes plants healthier and less susceptible to fungus, disease, and insect damage.
  10. Vegetables, fruit, and herbs taste better.
  11. Flowers have more vivid colors and blooms are more plentiful and longer-lasting.
  12. It is an excellent Deer Repellent.
All of this except for the Crab Shell are at a gardening store a few towns away from me. The Kelp Meal is in a bucket (dry stuff), the others are in bottles.

Does this stuff sound like it could be used as the only fertillizer for a complete veg/flower cycle in "soil?"

What about in hydro? I'd rather not copy and paste the entire message into the organic hydro forum so I'll just ask here.

Edit: Here is the website. Neptune's Harvest

I've been using the fish/seaweed. I saw on one of the organic fert threads its great as a stand alone during flower and got a good deal on a few bottles. I cant give you a report on that cause I gave my plants a hot soil mix and am only giving water. lol It does do a good job for smaller plants in veg, and dosent stink (*bad). You have to mix one day doses though as it has no shelf life after mixed. Its hard to find round here, but I would be willing to try any of them.

Just came across a bottle of the seaweed plant food..above says that it can aid in germanation. How do u suppose it could be implemented as such? Is this something I can use in my feeding schedule once it starts?

Bump.....really would like opinions on germinating with the seaweed/plant food... Would I just mix a gallon and soak the paper towel like I would for regular germination? All input is greatly appreciated....

Seed Germination: Soak in solution of 1 teaspoon per
cup of water.

I have used the fish/seaweed fert, kelp and crab shell. They are made on the east coast in Gloucester, MA. I like the products, and have had good result. They sent me a free sample when I requested it.

I'll be using more crab shell, kelp, along with worm castings, rock mineral, etc as I homebrew my soil/humus this summer.

I also use Botanicare products and also find them to be reliable.

<BUMP> Anyone else have any experience with the products I mentioned in post #1?

I'm using the fish/seaweed 2-3-1 right now...I'm running supersoil and i've used the fish/seaweed in almost every watering by adding it to my compost/guano/fungal teas. I can honestly say this stuff is awesome. My plants are very healthy...only had a few leaf tips lighten up on me but the plant corrected itself in a week or so. Thumbs up for this stuff!

i continue to use Neptune Harvest in both my weed and vegetable garden. In fact, I just bought a gallon size. It is a good product.

My plants love it.

Back
Top Bottom