What Time of Year Do You Start Growing Outdoors?

What Month Do You Begin Planting Outdoors?

• Total voters

BWC BayArea

Member of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
Obviously outdooors can be an attractive alternative to the expensive art of indoor growing during hot summer months. The increased costs of electricity due to higher rates in the summer and a high demand cause many growers to take a break or go outdoors in the summer. For those of you that opt to grow outdoors in the summer I'd like to begin a poll to find out when (what month) people begin their outdoor grows. Please include the country, state, city or area and climate that you're growing in. If you live in a climate that supports year around growing please say so in a quick post.

I live in the Uk and like to start my plants at the end of may or the start of june, here we get one grow season so its best to plan ahead and get a hardy strain to withstand moulds mildew and all that other shit...
Weather is also not the best and plants can get battered with winds and rain, so its best to get something that finishes fast! as it starts to get cold here starting of october.

In the ground on May 24 and cut on Sept 15.
Once or twice I had to wait untill almost June because of cold. Around mid Sept we start getting heavy cool dew in the morning and I assume this dew has caused the little bit of budrot I sometimes get. For years I grew outside trying to leave them in ground absuloutly as long as I could. Now I realise that once the budding process is over it is OVER.

I grew up on a farm and for years we have started planting right around the first few weeks in May. We always plant the first day we can, we would drive around to each field to test soil each day and some times multiple times a day.

So I will be doing the same again except not with corn. But either way I would say cannabis is a similarly strong plant such as corn and they are pretty forgiving and can take abuse.

In Phoenix, I start my seeds indoors in Feb and plant them outside by mid March. They don't take off till May but I assume they're happily developing a good root system to get them through the brutal heat. I have waited as long as til Thanksgiving for harvest. But the smell is pretty strong by then and am afraid neighbors will notice.

NW Texas here.

Potential for a mid-April freeze keeps me out of the ground until late April to May. And some potential for fog in my area makes me harvest indica-types before September but the sativa-types can go to October.

I start seeds, mid-March, in small pots (4") and take them outside daily until overnights temps stay above 45 degrees or so; then, they go into the ground.

Well, my 1st two plants from seed went in the ground today. Purple Widow from bagseed. Veged a month indoors in 32 oz containers under 600W HPS, hardened 3 days, sprayed with Neem, and transplanted today. Check them out and monitor their progress in my gallery. More plants to come and an experimental guerilla grow as well. Thanks for all the input and info in this thread. It was helpful. Let's keep it comin, maybe it'll help the next grower.

Back
Top Bottom