Are my plants dying? Leaves are turning Yellow / Brownish

czarLION

Hi.
I'm doing outdoor growing . it is now 3 months and the leaves are now turning yellow , and some leaves turning brownish .. then falling off and crumbling..
Bought the CLones at Long Beach, Ca.
Plants: Bubba Kush.
Soil: Ocean Forest.
Water: Filtered/Purified from Store (Put 25 cent in the thing and get a galloon).

What is the reason and possible cure?

Thanks,
czar LION

:blunt:
my420d.jpg
my420b.jpg
my420c.jpg
my420a.jpg

High czarLION, aw man, your babies look like they need something.

What is the pH of your soil?

FFOF runs out of nutes after 30 days I think, so what are you using to supplement your babie's nutritional needs?

Any heat issues?

Keep a cool head man, I'm sure you will be able to fix this problem.

:welcome:

Is SoCal heat radiating off that wall?

Not familiar with that strain but it looks like it might be flipping back and forth between veg and flower. if it gets random light from a nearbly light source, like a window or neighbors porch light or a streetlight it might be confused.

I seem to remember when i lived in socal, some of the water machines put out softened water, which would not be good for plants. since those machines are hooked to muni water any way, you are still getting chlorine. let the chlorine evaporate for 24-36 hours. but its still filtered tap water.many people use plain tap water with no problems. (once its dechlorinated)

Also looks like mites have possibly moved in. any critters hiding under the leaves?

SnowBender,
Thanks for replying.
Yeh.. . I had some problems with tiny worms (caterpillars), but they went away after spraying some anti-worm stuff (Bio-degradeable) - I got at Home Depot. My plants stay out doors.. at night there is no light..that I know of..

Any advice, will be much appreciated.

Thanks bro,

Czar:peacetwo:

Toes,

Thanks for replying.
I don't know the ph level of my soil.
I am a newbie at this.. , so with that said.. i'm heading over to the my local hydro store (Mr. Nice Guys in Orange, Ca) - to get a ph Test Stick..

I'll keep you informed..

Thanks Brother,

Czar
:hookah:

FFOF runs out of nutes after 30 days I think, so what are you using to supplement your babie's nutritional needs?

Any heat issues?

I just returned from the Hydro Store I go to (Mr. Nice Guys, Orange Ca.)....

Mr. Nice Guys Series of Questions:

1. you have your plants in pots?- > YES.
2. are the pots on concrete or on the ground? - > They are sitting on concrete.

3. are they in pot holders -> no
THAT COULD BE YOUR PROBLEM RIGHT THERE, DURING HOT DAYS THE CONCRETE GETS HOT, THUS YOU IT HEATS UP YOUR SOIL AND PLANTS.

4. what type of water are you using?: > filtered/purified water out of those machines at supermarkets

Mr. Nice Guy Replied: THAT IS MOST LIKELY YOUR PROBLEM.. THESE MACHINE STRIP THE WATER OF SOME OF THE VITAL NUTRITANTS, LIKE MAGNESIUM.... . . .MR. NICE GUY, ALSO STATED THAT IT IS OK TO USE TAP WATER.. A LITTLE CHLORINE WON'T REALLY HURT THE PLANT.. IF YOU WANT YOU CAN LET THE WATER SIT OVER NIGHT SO THE CHLORINE COMES OUT....

5. do you have any critters, bugs, worms..???
>yes i had some
Mr. Nice Guy: check the bud itself..by taking it apart to see if any bugs are inside it.. if so.. that is your problem...
also, check under the leaves, etc....

MY CONCLUSION OF WHAT WENT WRONG WAS:
THE WATER AND THE POTS SITTING ON HOT CONCRETE ALL DAY..

PLEASE NOTE : THIS WAS NOT MY IDEA. I WORKED OUT A DEAL WITH MY ROOM-MATE.. WHERE I BOUGHT THE CLONES, SOIL, ETC.. AND 12 CLONES WHEREIN.. HIS RESPONSIBILITY WAS GROWING/WATERING, AND TAKING CARE OF THE PLANTS..BUT HE FUKKIN DROPPED THE BALL.. HE STATED THAT HE GREW LAST YEAR AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.. BUT HE APPARENTLY IS A FUKKIN LIAR -KNOW-IT-ALL SLACKER. WHO WAS READY TO KILL ALL THE PLANTS IN QUESTION TO HARVEST EARLY..
I INVESTIGATED.. AND WILL BASICALLY TAKE OVER... EVERYTHING..BECAUSE HE CAN NOT BE TRUSTED TO MANAGE.

ph whould be my geuss as well,...

Toes,
I think you nailed it on the head.
Nutes - the water i was using was filtered.. out of those machines at supermarkets , advertised as "purified water".. guess what.. i heard that this filtering process strips the water of some of its nutes, like magnesium..
Also,
Heat Issue - yes.. the pots were sitting on hot concrete ..

Blame- my numb-skull room-mate. he acts like a know-it-all.. but this has proven that he is an ignorant skum bag.. he was ready to harvest 4 of my plants early... because he stated.. they are dead.. and not growing anymore.. because you purcchased indoor clones, and your growing out-doors..
the stupid fuck didn't even take the time to investigate or ask questions to experts.. i gave him reigns to manage the plants because he convinced me that he is experienced, and knew what he was doing..
apparently not.. . lol..

i went to my local hydro store and got some add'l nutes, raised the pots off the concrete, and will be using tap water now... (I will let it sit over night to get the chlorine out, although a little chlorine won't hurt the plants)..

regards for the feed back and all your help,

czar LION
:Rasta:

Any heat issues?

Toes,
I think you nailed it on the head.
Nutes - the water i was using was filtered.. out of those machines at supermarkets , advertised as "purified water".. guess what.. i heard that this filtering process strips the water of some of its nutes, like magnesium..
Also,
Heat Issue - yes.. the pots were sitting on hot concrete ..

Blame- my numb-skull room-mate. he acts like a know-it-all.. but this has proven that he is an ignorant skum bag.. he was ready to harvest 4 of my plants early... because he stated.. they are dead.. and not growing anymore.. because you purcchased indoor clones, and your growing out-doors..
the stupid fuck didn't even take the time to investigate or ask questions to experts.. i gave him reigns to manage the plants because he convinced me that he is experienced, and knew what he was doing..
apparently not.. . lol..

i went to my local hydro store and got some add'l nutes, raised the pots off the concrete, and will be using tap water now... (I will let it sit over night to get the chlorine out, although a little chlorine won't hurt the plants)..

regards for the feed back and all your help,

czar LION
:Rasta:

Nice. Glad I could be some help. :passitleft:

Don't be so hard on your roommate.... however, the rant was effin hilarious :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You might want to shade the pot the plant is in as well. A small pot in the sun can raise the soil temp enough to damage the roots.

i would guess you have a ph problem try a tblsp of dolomite lime and tspn of epsom salts a tsp of molesses in 2 gal of 2 day old water that should adress the ph issue

Hey guys, newbie here. Was looking over these posts and i did not realize i was doing a bad thing by leaving my plants inside my old fish pond outside sitting on concrete. I have dying leaves and i could not figure out why all of a sudden my plants look like they are dying? These get allot of sun all day (80-90 degrees) , so they must be burning up! I have been giving them nutes in the form of chemicals from the hydro store and once i started with the nutes, my plants were looking awsome, then i put them on concrete!! What a dumbass!!

Anyway, this spot is ideal in concealing them, so i was wondering, if i put them on pallets, will this still be a problem? Should i move them all together to a location that does not get direct sunlight all day. Side of the house is much cooler and has more shade throughout the day. I always figured the hotter the better for a longer period of time during the day was better, am i wrong?

Any advise from some of the vets out there would be great. I have a few more months to salvage my tiny crop. I hope i can save them! Thanks in advance!

outdoor plants in pots dont like 100+ degree heat on the roots. Here in socal I move my girls pots into shade for anything over 90 and since the pots are black I wrap a cut white bucket around the pot to reflect the sun. And I make sure not to set them on hot surface when I have to move them around. as I write it's 106 in the inland empire and my girls are sitting in the shade of my orange tree. still crazy hot. My girls have lost alot of fan leaves but Im in week 6 of flower and the buds are getting pretty star dust. I think they will make it.

Back
Top Bottom