How cold is too cold outside?

jgrow1103

I have to whiteberry plants outback and the temperatures are getting down in the lower fifties every night. I've noticed that on the inter part of some of the budding areas are browning.
I'm thinking about bringing it inside under the LEDs because they only have about another week until the trichomes are fully developed ( 30% amber)

But, how cold is too cold?

I have heard 50's are OK for a short time. To long in 50's and below will cause damage. That's what i've heard and follow myself. I have mine out as well. Here it has been getting down to the lowest being 56 on a cool night. If it drops any lower in they go.

Low 50s are nothing to worry about if it's duringthe night and then temps bump back to 60s or 70s, but if you have them during a day for more than 5 days, then it's risky.

We have been having night time lows of mid 40's and highs in the upper 70's here in my part of the Mid-West USA. We could use some rain but it almost too late now. In the crop fields were I play, our Soybeans are coming down now and will be done in the next 7 days. The farmers turn to corn harvest next, bingo. I bring them in as you can imagine, no matter the perfect stage. Yea some will stay out until the final damn near hour of the standing crop. I have seen MJ with a 1/4 inch of snow on it and looking beautiful. I have never worried or had a major kill on a light frost but a hard frost does them in.
Congratulations to all on a nice and safe harvest in the Great Outdoor Gorilla Grow 2015.

LOL, low 50's, is that it!? Where I live the temperature got down to 36F last night. We've also had a few days of 38-40F this week as well. I went to my plot and checked my plants about 45 minutes ago and there is no visible damage. In fact they are still flowering fine and as I type this it is now 70F outside. I am concerned the low night temps will effect the growth though. Wouldn't be surprised if they stopped growing or died with another couple of 35F nights. Absolutely dreading the first frost because I know it's just around the corner. The worst thing is that I have another 3-4 weeks of flowering to go :( My temps are below average atm tho and they should be about 46-50F this time of year. Tonight I think I am going to say a prayer out of desperation for some warmer weather.

Quite a bit of disinformation on plant temps. I have had plants (mostly Indica strains) that spent quite a bit of their nights in their flowering stage in the high 30s(F) and days that never got out of the 40s. Took forever to mature but wow - huge, dense buds. Those things just bristled trichomes ....... Looks like it snowed.

Back
Top Bottom