Growing on Canada's East Coast

420craig

Hi im looking for some advice for growing outdoors on Canada's east coast. Ive growen for a few years now with some decent results and some horrible results. Im not sure if certain strains would do better with our cooler summer. Thanks for any advice

Look for strains bred for your climate, but I'm pretty sure you're down to very few quick flowering strains and autos.

I use Sea level and have had no problems here in Maritimesland. It used to be available at VSB but now it seems they have run out. Mould is the biggest problem so start early in a green house and plant May 15th, cover if there is frost warning and by Sept 1st you will be done before th ehurricanes get going.

Research your strains I've had good and bad years also here on Pei in my past 15 seasons but am full swing into the outdoor grow this year and a lot more prepared then I have been the past few any questions I'd be glad to help or exchange ideas!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

i have a good friend that grows around the East side of Canada and you want short flowering so your done by late sep early oct my buddy grows ,Tuna Kush Bubba Kush and its done by late Sep.

Research your strains I've had good and bad years also here on Pei in my past 15 seasons but am full swing into the outdoor grow this year and a lot more prepared then I have been the past few any questions I'd be glad to help or exchange ideas!

I have been making female seeds for two years now and find it works but second generation is not fertile, no pollen. Ambrosia and Endless sky have been working but Ambrosia moulds when it gets mid sept.

I have had LA confidential go to Oct 10th and they didn't mould at all in a crazy 2013 year. But that strain is discontinued. I am certainly gonna try your suggestion and see what happens next year.

I've had luck with white widow,freeze land,black and white,raspberry,m39 and a few more over the years this season I'm trying out crop King seeds crown royale early vixen and there auto fem mix along with a few of my own crosses specially a freezexraspberry mix

420-magazine-mobile465312839.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2037542561.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1262087203.jpg

Always soak seeds for 18 hrs then onto a plate with paper towel then once sprouted right into Dixie cups with soil under lights on 24 hrs for a couple weeks till I could harden them off then a week adjusting them and roughly 4-5 weeks old I planted them into the wholes I had ready on June 5th I've had awesome luck with the widow I had it produced well and was fairly mould-resistant but I had got it from a friend in New Brunswick so he stabilized it for our area I have since lost all my old stock and had to start over this year with crop King seeds fingers crossed it works out

420-magazine-mobile1717541890.jpg
biggest two are a crown royale fem and early vixen then the rest of the small ones are auto flower mix fems also from crop King

For holes I dug two feet by two feet down two feet and added manure and lime back in April then mixed with soil when I planted was out to add slug bait last Sunday and won't return now till the end of June then I'll feed every two weeks until the middle of August first of September with a bit of luck and nice weather I'll be harvesting them by mid sept,I'll keep sharing pics as I go! I will add though the weather has been shit here on Pei so far but the forecast is finally looking up good luck this summer and happy growing!

1/4-1/2 pound dryed almost everytime it was great genes and produced awesome I really miss it and the freeze land

I have four Crop King WW females in approx 7 gallon pots here in Cape Breton. First time trying. Because of our shitty spring, I didn't get them in the pots til mid June, they had 3 sets of leaves by then, 3" tall. They are coming along nice now, great weather. Wondering where to buy nutrients and what kind for containers? Started with Pro-mix, watering with well water when needed. PH is 6.2

Any tips for a simple old hippie much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom