When will my outdoor cannabis start flowering?

joker0x1

My outdoor plants are 5 weeks old are are still in veg. I live in central Europe, 50 deg longtitude. Days are already getting shorter, but how do I know when they are short enough? Do the plants need a forced 12/12 cycle or can I expect them to start flowering naturally in july/august?

I live at 43 degrees north latitude. Your plants are young. Mine just started adding new pistils and true flowering usually begins around the last week of July - 1st week in August for me.

I think mine are getting ready to S T R E T C H
20160706_071352.jpg

I have a twist on this question. I have been vegging several strains outside planning to flower them inside. As new grower its slowly occurring to me that they might start to flower outside if I wait too long. (Or rather it .had occurred to me but I thought it would be closer to September.)

I'm at 47 N latitude.
How long can I safely keep them outside without risk of photoperiod stress?

Follow up. It's an urban area with light pollution. Will that delay or prevent flowering of plants I plan to finish outside?

I bet the "flip" will begin about the end of this month at your latitude. It is much more gradual outside than inside. Outdoors the light is only about 2 minutes less each day, rather than an immediate drop to 12/12. Your days are nearly 1 hour longer than mine right now. Around here, I believe the transition has already started.

I've never seen a study that says how much light is enough to stop the bloom phase. It is probably quite a bit since a full moon on a clear night doesn't cause any problems.

Are you hoping to veg them a lot longer? Can you take them in at night to supplement their photoperiod?

I have a twist on this question. I have been vegging several strains outside planning to flower them inside. As new grower its slowly occurring to me that they might start to flower outside if I wait too long. (Or rather it .had occurred to me but I thought it would be closer to September.)

I'm at 47 N latitude.
How long can I safely keep them outside without risk of photoperiod stress?

Follow up. It's an urban area with light pollution. Will that delay or prevent flowering of plants I plan to finish outside?

Id say flower inside now. It getting close to flowering here. Being in Tacoma you dont have the fall weather like here and is why you arent leaving them? Ive flowerd spring crop outside here and have had pouring rain on them in may when they are ready to harvest and were fine. Im green but good at this and going inside in a tent soon!! And its way more complicated!!

I bet the "flip" will begin about the end of this month at your latitude. It is much more gradual outside than inside. Outdoors the light is only about 2 minutes less each day, rather than an immediate drop to 12/12. Your days are nearly 1 hour longer than mine right now. Around here, I believe the transition has already started.

I've never seen a study that says how much light is enough to stop the bloom phase. It is probably quite a bit since a full moon on a clear night doesn't cause any problems.

Are you hoping to veg them a lot longer? Can you take them in at night to supplement their photoperiod?

The reason I need to flower inside is that I have too many to remain stealthy in my backyard as they grow, and also that this is for a perpetual grow I am setting up and I need to spread out the harvest dates.
I already have 10 other plants that I am flowering naturally outside. I may pick up to 5 of my perpetual grow plants to leave outside, but 15 total is legal limit for me and I would like to at least look like I'm in compliance with the law. :Namaste:

The reason I need to flower inside is that I have too many to remain stealthy in my backyard as they grow, and also that this is for a perpetual grow I am setting up and I need to spread out the harvest dates.
I already have 10 other plants that I am flowering naturally outside. I may pick up to 5 of my perpetual grow plants to leave outside, but 15 total is legal limit for me and I would like to at least look like I'm in compliance with the law. :Namaste:

The law in Calif is sketchy. Some neighborhoods wont tolerate a yard grow but then mine does, NICE!! Why Im taking this years serious because Im realizing how lucky I am. The law wants you inside and is another reason Im going inside in a tent. Inside or out you cant have too much. Personal use. Some people think you can 100 plants legal but I wouldent. They are very against making wax. Thats the first thing they look for. Every time the helicopter goes over I wave and think.... God Bless America!!! I can finally grow my own meds!!!

Technically my plants can't be visible or smellable from anywhere off my property, but unless someone complains Tacoma police aren't going to do anything. I actually had LEO in my kitchen (to file report on stolen purse) as I was walking in with two plants from yard. He didn't say a word about it.

Technically my plants can't be visible or smellable from anywhere off my property, but unless someone complains Tacoma police aren't going to do anything. I actually had LEO in my kitchen (to file report on stolen purse) as I was walking in with two plants from yard. He didn't say a word about it.

The same here. I think someone has to complain or too much

Flowering outside depends on two things: genetics and latitude. Around 35-45N proper outdoor strain will usually start flowering/stretching while daylight hits 14,5 hrs which is early August. But if you grow a strain that's been bred indoor thus lost the trait of flowering when it's still summer, you might even see it kick into it in September. The only way to check it out is to keep growing it to find out :thumb:

Flowering outside depends on two things: genetics and latitude. Around 35-45N proper outdoor strain will usually start flowering/stretching while daylight hits 14,5 hrs which is early August. But if you grow a strain that's been bred indoor thus lost the trait of flowering when it's still summer, you might even see it kick into it in September. The only way to check it out is to keep growing it to find out :thumb:

My tramps in the yard are booming Conradino!! I wonder if you PH your water being in the ground??

In Portland Oregon, where I think we are about 45 north, it seems to start right around August 1st.

I think mine are starting now. I wonder when I should start using FF open sesame? I started 2 weeks ago but got the vibe from the grow shop its early. So I dident Open sesame them this week and wont probably next week, will wait untill 1st week of Aug. maybe. The FF indoor schedule I adjusted for outdoor I recalculated and I am a little off.

I think mine are starting now. I wonder when I should start using FF open sesame? I started 2 weeks ago but got the vibe from the grow shop its early. So I dident Open sesame them this week and wont probably next week, will wait untill 1st week of Aug. maybe. The FF indoor schedule I adjusted for outdoor I recalculated and I am a little off.

I see some conflicting information on the FF website. But in any case, they recommend it after the first 4-6 weeks of the plant's life - way early. And they only show it being used for three weeks.

My tramps in the yard are booming Conradino!! I wonder if you PH your water being in the ground??
No never I'm a LOS/High Brix grower.

Like Major PITA says, the FF site is confusing as they say early flowering but also say start using 4-6 weeks into the plants like. My grow shop had said to use Open Sesame during the early stages of flowering, then Cha-Ching at the end before flushing. It seemed to work well for me last year.

I see some conflicting information on the FF website. But in any case, they recommend it after the first 4-6 weeks of the plant's life - way early. And they only show it being used for three weeks.

Its starts early by my calculations too. I guess when my tents going I will find out for sure. I havent been to FF website yet but I will be doing some research soon.
I do a spring flower in my yard and used FF Cha Ching heavy kinda once on the end and they turned very frosty and more dense. I look foreword to my fall yard harvest because of the schedule im following. My current yard grow is fantastic. This spring yard harvest has sat in jars for 2 months and its the best Ive ever grown!!

Back
Top Bottom