Mold Resistant Strains

zspar

Hey all, I live in central/northern California in the Monterey bay area. We have moderate temps (50/75 degrees). I have grown outdoors for the past 2 seasons with fairly good results. One thing I have always struggled with is bud rot. I believe its because I live so close to the ocean, and every night a thick fog layer comes in from offshore and saturates everything. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for some really mold resistant strains to try that would grow well in this climate. Thanks!!

Diesel (New York City Diesel)
Blue Dream
South African Kwazulu
Granddaddy Purple
Pineapple Chunk
Wild Thailand
Super Lemon Haze
Bubblegum
Blue Widow
Early Pearl

I have very high RH too- and actually find the Pineapple Chunk to be quite succeptible to budrot- can't speak to the rest of the strains on Bonza's list. Hollands Hope is one I've grown outdoors that can take a lot of rain and stays happy. Sativas do well against mold if you can find a short flowering strain. Most seedbanks will let you filter choices by entering terms, such as mold resistance.

You need to stay on sativa dominant strains, possibly bred in your vicinity, possibly outdoor, that will finish early. I have a strain that is ready by the end of September, which has little to none mold problems, but it's not available commercially.

Back
Top Bottom