Wet Harvest Weight

Vapeman420

Hey All,

I am curious if anyone has run into a situation like this, it might be unique to Oregon, or the legal states, but here is the situation.

I have a friend who owns a wholesaling biz, as well as operates a trimming biz and has offered to purchase my entire crop fresh out of the ground. I am curious if anyone has any experience with how much weight will be lost from when it is in the ground, to when it is properly trimmed and dried.

On the one hand, I don't want to get paid less than what the crop is worth, but on the other hand it would save me a huge amount of time and hassle to not have to worry about drying, trimming and such.

Any thoughts, advise, suggestions?

-Vape

IMO, if you include some stems and branches, the dry weight is about 15% of the wet weight. This does not allow for the main stalk and largest branches since I don't include that part when chopping, weighing, trimming and drying.

Thanks for the reply Major, I was actually hovering around that 15% mark myself in my estimations. I think trimmed up buds with no stems or branches would shrink to about 25% of the wet weight total, so with some branches and stems I could see 15%, maybe 20%.

Anyone else care to chime in?

-Vape

I usually dry to about 10-12% of the wet weight, but, like the major, it's fairly chopped down at that point. We had some giant plants (8-13ft tall) in a greenhouse this season and they probably weighed about 60-120pounds each (just a guestimation from carrying them) with all the fan leaves and large stems and stalks. That broke down to an average of 2lbs of tightly manicured bud and 3lbs of sugar leaf and small buds per plant.

I think if you're talking about the entire plant, it's more like 2-5% dried, trimmed weight. Also depends on how big the plants are, and the stalk size can vary on plants that are of similar size so there are some moving parts.

10-15% dry/manicured buds is the right estimate in my experience.

Thanks for all the input, I decided for my own piece of mind, I am going to cut it all down and go through the full experience. I owe it to myself to go through the entire process to get a good understanding of what harvest season is all about!

Keep growing in life (and our favorite plant!)

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom