New organic living soil outdoor grow

MrwaGreen

My first thread

This grow has been going on for a while already as im only a jube member but ill pick up from now and give a run down of my soil and plants. All up this is my first organic living soil grow and my second grow all up.

Strains growing all from seedsman.com
WW fem
Sharkshock
GDP reg fem
Sexbud fem
Sour secret fem

1 made 2 cubic ft of soil all made as rough estimates
My organic soil goes as the following.
1/3 peat moss (5 gal or 20L)
1/3 organic compost a combo of chicken manure/cow. No EWC available in my area so i threw a box of 500 live worms in also.
1/3 perlite
All of the above were ran through a garden sieve to remove larger bits of stick a bark.
That makes my base soil

Then i added 8 cups of rock dust and 2 cup of dolomite lime

For my amendments i used
1 cup dry organic fertilizer
" Neem meal
" Crab meal (homemade from crayfish shell and a few oysters
2 cups kelp meal
1 cup alfala meal

Mixed all together then to give it a kick start i used 20L of homemade compost tea using

22L bucket
20L rain water. ( all my watering is done through collected rain water)
Handful of kelp meal
Handful chook manure
Handful cow manure
Good size dollop of molasses.
Good flow bubbler that got the water churning.
Left for 24 hrs to bubble away. Came back every 4hrs or whatever and gave it a good turn with a stick.

Then strained it into bucket using the water i mixed up the soil. Then added in some other water to get to a good moisture i used a wet half wrung sponge as an example.

Packed it into a couple of potting soil buckets and let her cook for minimun 4 weeks.

After about 4 weeks poured all the soil back into a mising container to water and mix and to mypleasant supprise it most were littered with worms down the bottom half of the soil. Both old and youngens.

Sent from my SM-G928I using 420 Magazine Mobile App

From there i threw my seeds in in a few glasses of water once i had a good tail they were dropped into there own pots probably only beer pong sized cups. And kept on my window sill.

Every day id put them outside for some conditioning living in a place that blows its tits off every day. And once they had 5 sets of true leaves they were ledt outside and also topped for the first time.

Only watering my seedlings once a week with a good mist morning and evening. Trying to get the roots to shoot down as fast as possible Nd once i could see some good roots from the bottom of the lots they where moved to the intermittent home of a 3 gal pot. Some were supercropped other topped and some LST. Most have a combo of all.

Only nutes ive ever added was come organic seaweed tea the night before some really hot days of around the 40 C + luckily only had a few of the. But the Sexbud copped a bit of a flogging from the heat once and lost 70% of her foliage bur has bounced back.

Pics will start to flow tomorrow

420-magazine-mobile345061007.jpg

Shark shock 1 week after starting flowering.

420-magazine-mobile293951105.jpg

And about 600 wide

420-magazine-mobile162337253.jpg

WW about 1 week before flowering sitting 600 high by 700 wide.
This pla t just loved being topped she just went full bush

420-magazine-mobile1683690403.jpg

Bloody dog tried to jump over sharky when i had her tied down on the side and split the bloody middle. Zip tied her up to to prevent further splitting and she recovered just great. Stem isalmost as thick as the bic

^ is my night time room. Still summer over here so 1800 to 0600 she is indoors

So ive been loosing lower fan leaves. Turns out that my PH pen was out by 2 whole points. Telling me my water was 6.5 when it was really at 8 to 8.5 and my soil spike (fucking bunnings shit) had movement in the scale and was off by the same so have a good ole fashion nute lock out with my soil sitting around 7.5 to 8. So have given her some sulfur to bring it down. But was wondering if i can give mag by foliage spray would they leaves still take in the nutes, with nute lock ???

But having said that shouldnt a living organic soil be fine with a higher ph. The plants look healthy but getting over these dead leaves

Back
Top Bottom