Feminised Auto's Got Pollinated By Ditch Weed

HeartWW

Hi all. I posted this a couple of years ago and didn't reach anyone who has had the same experience so I thought i'd run it up the pole again. I did a rare outdoor grow with 4 Super Silver Haze Auto Fems. They were pollinated by some local Ditch Weed.

The Ditch Weed is an autoflower too but I believe it was originally Farm Hemp and has been around here for decades. It gets loaded with Trich's but has no THC. Believe me I've messed with it. It's also some kind of auto flower as well because where I live there is not enough 12/12 before Frost to flower a photoperiod plant.

My question is, What happens to a high potency Auto Fem that gets pollinated by ditchweed? Would the seeds still be feminized auto's? Still have THC? would it even be worth the effort to cultivate and try them? I hate to waste the valuable short season on Hemp children. Any ideas?

Many Thanks..

¶t really depends on the genetics of the THC genes, and I'm just learning about them. If they're like other plants, 25 % of the seeds will produce exactly like the one parent. In your case junk worthless seeds, while 25% will be after the good parent, good seeds. The other 50% will be hit or miss.

Personally, I'd invest in New seeds, from a known strain. And if you want to produce viable seeds, take one plant, wrap her female buds in light cloth, something airborne pollen cannot penetrate, and then using a known male plant, gather its pollen when ripe and pollinate your protected, isolated female. On a windfree day, unwrap your female buds, and using a puffer, puff the male pollen onto the female pistols - you'll see it stick if the female buds are ready. Fertilization will be quick. Seed development will begin immediately and you'll see the ovaries swell as the seeds mature. Remember, all your plants energy will go into producing these seeds. If you used a different strain, the resultant seeds will be a first generation hybrid cross.

Plant genetics are fun, and easy. I have a Botany degree and I'm looking forward to finally using it when Marijuana becomes legal once again.

I tried to pop 50 of the best looking seeds and no go. Guess I'll be more careful next grow.. I think i have all of the feral weed killed off.

Back
Top Bottom