Backyard grow needs advice

socialsuicide

20170308_101139.jpg
20170308_101118.jpg
20170308_094948.jpg
20170308_094908.jpg
20170308_094813.jpg
20170308_094645.jpg

So this is my first backyard grow the "level" in the photos is 1 mtr .....3.28ft. Summer is ending , the light is fading, the heat is still there though 86 Fahrenheit most days. The soil is from my chicken shed, 100% organic and beautiful. I have used a product called "powerfeed" for the vegetative grow period (W/V nitrogen 12%, phosphorus 1.4%, potassium 7%), and for the flowering stage "Thrive fruit and flower" ( W/V total nitrogen 14%, total phosphorus 2.6, total potassium 21%, Sulphur 9.7%, magnesium 0.5%)
As you can see by the photos the plant is healthy no discoloration on the leaves, no issues with pests. Right now I need good advice to get the best yield possible. I cannot access a grow shop for nutrients so everything I have used is either from my backyard or a standard shop.
Looking at my lovely plant I'm guessing I should have a yield of around 5oz's. I would love some advice on gaining strength, increasing yield, and flavoring.

I assume this is an almost pure sativa if not a 100%er, so don't exaggerate with nutes here. These plant won't give you heavy yield cause these buds will be quite airy and fluffy. Keep up magnesium/calcium, but give only little NPK if there's no other way to do it and do it maybe twice till the end of the grow. She looks very good so don't lose track here :thumb:

Thanks. Ive just started using molasses with each watering, 3 tablespoons to 9ltrs. . The pot that the plant is in dries out every day so I'm watering every day with the "thrive fruit and flower", ive been keeping a close eye on it for nutrient burn and so far all the leaves are a great shade of green.
When it comes to harvest I have read that I should put it in my shed for a day or two to keep it dark, starve it of water for 24hrs then hydrate with lets say apple juice then cut it down a few hours later......the apple juice is for flavor. Now does that sound dumb?

I'm not advising molasses to anyone. Perfect colour is one thing, but you have to be aware of how your fertilising afrects taste, weight and high of your buds. Sometimes a little bit too muchn is just too much. Oh and I'm not big for sweetening your soil, it's not gonna change anything for the better, but might make things worse. PLANTS DO NOT UPTAKE SUGARS! And bacteria will live on the organic content that's in the soil, more minerals will make them happier, particularly calcium/magnesium/sulphur.

Too much potassium and too much nitrogen for my liking. I prefer to hit plants with low doses of these in foowering in order to make other nutrients moving better. Why I don't use molasses? I just explained.

Going to germinate my first batch and plant this summer with my vegetables (tomatoes, zucchini, etc.) outside in full sun. Will the miracle grow used for the veggies work for White Widow and Candy Cane? Suggestions?

...."but might make things worse. PLANTS DO NOT UPTAKE SUGARS!"..........ahhh ok, but how can this negatively affect my plant. If its a waste of time then that's ok, but if molasses can hurt my plant I need to know why.

Why would you avoid molasses? And I have listed the content of the 'thrive' that I'm now using, what's your opinion?

I'm going to avoid it in my grows because aphids are evil, ants carry aphids and molasses attracts ants. I'm new to this but I'm not seeing molasses being listed as a deal-breaker in terms of its use. My sister, the master gardener told me that and it's good enough for me.

You can overload soil with potassium, mess the structure with goo and also make the microbes lazy. There's no proven benefit, it's all anecdotal, growers' myth if you will. I used it and dropped it straight away. Mineralizing your soil is a better idea or using compost tea to boost microbial growth.

Going to germinate my first batch and plant this summer with my vegetables (tomatoes, zucchini, etc.) outside in full sun. Will the miracle grow used for the veggies work for White Widow and Candy Cane? Suggestions?

Do NOT use Miracle grow for ANYTHING you're going to INHALE. Like the idea of inhaling chemical fertilizer (or any kind)? Use Miracle Grow. Otherwise, use minerals and shit, instead.

20170310_171142.jpg
20170310_171109.jpg
20170310_171041.jpg
20170310_155409.jpg

Ok so I have for the time being fucked my plant with molasses. I had used it for 4 days adding 3 tablespoons to a 9lts bucket and watered it every day for 4 days. Yesterday I did my usual watering and 3 or 4 hrs later all the leaves curled. Please help me correct it, my ignorance has hurt my beautiful plant.

Though I am a rookie, I believe you are overwatering and especially overdoing the molasses. Keep in mind, ants will be attracted to the molasses, and ants carry aphids.

Water when the soil feels bone-dry, at least one inch below the surface. Use a drip system if you can, even if it's just the pop bottle drip system. Works fine. I'd go to plain water in a drip system until the plant returns to health. But that's just me and I'm a rookie, too, but I've done a shit-ton of reading and I suggest you do the same. Incomplete information is as bad as no information. Reading is as important as doing when you're a beginner. Talk to someone who's grown before.

Finally, develop your bullshit filter, as fora are usually a sizzling hotbed not-good information, and you need a good filter to process it all. It REALLY helps to have one or two people to bounce ideas off of, because if you ask in the forum, you have to know a little bit about what you're doing, hence the reading suggestion.

Ok this has zero to do with over watering you don't need to even grow Dope to know about over watering. I have been watering my plant daily for 3 months and it hasn't been an issue. The only thing I have differently is add molasses. Leaves do not curl when dry they droop.

Ok this has zero to do with over watering you don't need to even grow Dope to know about over watering. I have been watering my plant daily for 3 months and it hasn't been an issue. The only thing I have differently is add molasses. Leaves do not curl when dry they droop.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree.
Google overwatered vs underwatered. Overwatered is your plant exactly.
Perhaps molasses affected drainage?
Good luck. Hope you figure it out.

Sorry but I'm not gonna help you anymore, read once again what I posted, and good luck with your grow.

Ive been researching molasses like crazy. It can be very beneficial to plants when used correctly. But can harm plants if used too much too often. Just like any other nutes. Im a newbie but Definitely looks like molasses overdose. What kind of molasses did you use? I read a good flush or 2 "should" help them out. Im glad I came across this as I was planning on starting molasses. I think Ill just stick w my FF.

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Back
Top Bottom