Cloning & need help ahead

PoS5

Hi. Have cloned a wild strain of cannabis, probably Sativa. This is done in a pot, as a pot plant in my balcony.
Need help further as I am a beginner in outdoor growing and got lucky with Cloning!
420-magazine-mobile1605330805.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

re: Cloning & need help ahead

What kind of dirt do you have there? What is the long term plan for those neighboring plants? Camouflage?

Innovating daily

re: Cloning & need help ahead

Welcome to 420!

When you say 'wild strain' what do you mean? Ditch weed, someone's guerilla grow you stumbled on? Something that grew up from from the neighbor's balcony below (that would definitely be a sativa!)? I'm intrigued.

Best advice I can give right now is let it grow until you get several leaf pairs on each stem. Then we can talk about what you want to achieve and how to achieve it. In the meantime read some other growers' journals to get ideas you'd like to try and how much space you have for it.

And the soil issue. That we should figure out now. You want combination of good drainage and water retention. That looks like fine sand and clay. You should amend that with some earthworm castings and perlite now before roots get too well developed.

Good luck and happy growing!

What kind of dirt do you have there? What is the long term plan for those neighboring plants? Camouflage?

Innovating daily

Hi! So the plan is to transfer it to a bigger pot, say 50l, and then I am wondering if I let it be out in the open for the light it needs, it gets about 10 hours sufficient sunlight and watering once, I keep checking the soil, dont let it be too dry. Or should I take it, put it in my cupboard, get a light fixed and supply say 6 hours more of light or should I completely go for the darkness for the remaining hours?

Innovating daily

Also, yes, the 2-3 other sproutings are just camouflage because I have a dog who is found of leaves sometime;) he nibbled once when I earlier attempted to grow.

Welcome to 420!

When you say 'wild strain' what do you mean? Ditch weed, someone's guerilla grow you stumbled on? Something that grew up from from the neighbor's balcony below (that would definitely be a sativa!)? I'm intrigued.

Best advice I can give right now is let it grow until you get several leaf pairs on each stem. Then we can talk about what you want to achieve and how to achieve it. In the meantime read some other growers' journals to get ideas you'd like to try and how much space you have for it.

And the soil issue. That we should figure out now. You want combination of good drainage and water retention. That looks like fine sand and clay. You should amend that with some earthworm castings and perlite now before roots get too well developed.

Good luck and happy growing!

Hey mate. That's the sound piece of advice which I needed. Thank you. I would do that. And yes, my neighbour is growing it full on, outside, in a big pot, and I just happened to pluck a nice one and got the magic home!

Hey mate. That's the sound piece of advice which I needed. Thank you. I would do that. And yes, my neighbour is growing it full on, outside, in a big pot, and I just happened to pluck a nice one and got the magic home!

Also I have been reading about it. I am just confused whether to get it indoors or not. Because I don't live alone and hope you get the idea.

Please excuse the tone of my first message. I was grumpy. It's very exciting to start growing and this will be a great place for you to learn and share. Welcome! I'm glad you are here.

Indoor vs outdoor is a tough choice. We kinda need more information about your goals, environment, and budget. Outdoor has lots of advantages in terms of reduced cost and simplicity. However it's riskier with neighbors/visitors/dog, takes longer to finish, and can have more problems like pests/fungus. Going indoor means a more serious commitment to the hobby. A combination of both is what some pros do. Basically they try to get the plant big during veg indoor under 18hr lights and then move outdoor to flower and finish.

Perhaps if you do this first plant outdoor you will learn if you are into this enough to invest in the indoor setup. Either way, I look forward to cheering you along in the process.

Innovating daily

Please excuse the tone of my first message. I was grumpy. It's very exciting to start growing and this will be a great place for you to learn and share. Welcome! I'm glad you are here.

Indoor vs outdoor is a tough choice. We kinda need more information about your goals, environment, and budget. Outdoor has lots of advantages in terms of reduced cost and simplicity. However it's riskier with neighbors/visitors/dog, takes longer to finish, and can have more problems like pests/fungus. Going indoor means a more serious commitment to the hobby. A combination of both is what some pros do. Basically they try to get the plant big during veg indoor under 18hr lights and then move outdoor to flower and finish.

Perhaps if you do this first plant outdoor you will learn if you are into this enough to invest in the indoor setup. Either way, I look forward to cheering you along in the process.

Innovating daily

Hi! Really glad you helped me with some fact check there. Appreciate your support. So as I am a novice but very passionate about cannabis;both learning about it and using it and experiencing the beauty with each trichome associated with.
So yes, I will let it grow outside with some ferts to it. Can you help me with the choice of fertilisers? Thanks once again!

Sweet! :high-five:

If the 10 hours of light is full sun then outside will be better light than inside. Problem will be controlling the light during flowering. I tried growing in my yard last summer. I thought for sure I had a spot that was dark enough, but lights get turned on and off interfering with just about every corner of a pretty big yard. (Finally found the right spot smack in the middle! :laughtwo:)

To get it to flower you'll probably have to use a cabinet or grow tent, unless you would be able to cover it at night for 12 hours of complete darkness.

If the 10 hours of light is full sun then outside will be better light than inside. Problem will be controlling the light during flowering. I tried growing in my yard last summer. I thought for sure I had a spot that was dark enough, but lights get turned on and off interfering with just about every corner of a pretty big yard. (Finally found the right spot smack in the middle! :laughtwo:)

To get it to flower you'll probably have to use a cabinet or grow tent, unless you would be able to cover it at night for 12 hours of complete darkness.

Hahaha! In the middle of the yard. Standing like a king! Or a queen.
One more thing, so in order to let it grow, more exposure to light and for flowering to start, more darkness as the hormone is released when it is dark?
And if I want to keep it in the dark, when should I start keeping it indoors. Would a cupboard work? A big space is available in my cupboard, quiet big as well.
Thanks again fellow supporter.

Hi check it.
First Time. Pot plant. Includes Cloning and 10 saplings. Help needed ahead!

First Time. Pot plant. Includes Cloning and 10 saplings. Help needed ahead!

Stumbling around and found your journal. How goes it so far?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom