Light deprivation and its effects

Vapeman420

Hey all Vapeman here!

Wanted to post a question about light deprivation in regards to a large hoophouse/greenhouse and was hoping to get experienced responses about this.

I am curious if there is any heat or humidity issues to address when covering a structure and depriving it of light during the day. I have a plan in place to be flowering some plants from May 15 through July 15 and I realize that the days will be quite long, and so the ladies will be in darkness, but the temperature will likely be quite high still. (The plan is to have 2 crops for the Summer and one will flower May 15-July 15th, then the other crop will flower July 15-Sept 15)

If the heat will be a problem, do those who have done this before use an AC, or fans to help exhaust and cool the space?

Is humidity an issue when covering a space with a black plastic tarp or possibly black and white panda film? would the black and white (with white on top) reflect some of the heat from building up in the greenhouse?

Going to spend a bit of cash to make this happen, but without ever doing it before, I want to know what kinds of challenges there might be to this style of growing.

Anything else I have missed or need to be aware of with this style of growing?

-Vape

Yes you need fans blowing 24 hrs a day to help with air circulation. With greenhouse growing come RH and heat issues unfortunately, so you need mold resistant strain to make it happen and also constant monitoring. I know some people use dehumidifiers to keep things under control, so do your research before you start, cause it can get pretty expensive.

Yeah the cost is what I am running up against. Light dep could be a great technique but I have priced out the dehu's, fans, and everything, and for a 48 plant medical grow, I am looking at roughly 30k, and that is with the labor being done by my guys (patients) for no cost......... might have to give it up.

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom