Window sun reflection stunting growth?

Jaygull

First time grower. Growing some autos outside and they really slow down after the second node shows. They're in 5 gallon pots just below a window. At first I thought I was watering too much so didn't water for a week and no change. Then I thought it was the soil so tried different soil and no change. Now I'm wondering if the issue is glare/reflection from a window damaging the little plants. I've read about that issue with grass lawns and other plants. Thoughts?

I moved the pots (2 of them) away from the window and it looks like bothe plants are doing better. They seem to be showing a little more growth after their move about 3 days ago. One plant is about 2 weeks older then the other and both are about the same size. I'm guessing the reflection from the window was too much light/heat for the little guys.

One of the plants has shown little progress but I don't think will make it. Another one I thought was in too large of a pot so I downsized it from a 5 gallon to 1 gallon. It had such a small amount of root growth. I think I'm transplanting into larger pots too soon causing an overwatering issue.
Not sure if the window glare really is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom