When do you start seedlings outdoors? Concern of premature flowering

Eastsidehigh

I've been growing for a few years and am concerned maybe I started too early this season. In the past (last year) I only had a few pre maturely flower. This particular strain was purple storm. Even though it re vegged later, it never produced as much or had luscious growth, my error. All though the other strains never tried and grew throughout the summer and were fairly big. Thing is I forgot when that was exactly.

This year im working with some seeds ive produced from crossing a purple pain killer female with a male blockhead. I started them late March, early April indoors. They were less than two weeks old when planted outside at this nice spot ive used for the last few seasons. Planted with just 13 hours and 7 minutes of daylight. I had them on 24hrs indoor then 18/6 before moving out. They have grown since being put out but are no more than 6inches tall right now, still what I consider immature. With May coming im wondering if by then they will have tried to flower. Im at 13hrs 30min daylight now and it won't reach 14 till another two weeks. Im concerned of having to rip them up in May due to pre mature flowering. I wouldn't bother with re veg, seems to take forever and like my experience they don't end up being much. I have plenty more seeds too. I wanted to get a head start for bigger plants but not sure if ive accomplished that. The weather was good so I put them out soon as possible.

I found alot of different answers searching the net. Im sure its no definite answer to my concerns. Hopefully I get by and they continue veg through till fall but maybe not.. When do you personally start outdoors? Any in sight? Thanks in advance!

Leave them.
happy growing

Yeah it wouldn't feel good to rip them up... But I'm almost positive if I replace them it will be a better outcome than leaving these to re veg, assuming they try to flower. All information I've found is contradicting, seems I just have to wait and see..

im glad i found this thread! i got six seedlings that just popped in my tent under 20/4 with my current indoor grow. in a week , I'm putting them out in my greenhouse.we will be at 15hrs. of daylight by then. i should be good to go if you were successful right? very little info. on the net about this. what is min. daylight needed to keep transplants in veg when putting them outside? sorry for the hijack.

I start my plants in February usually, but it's straight outdoor growing, so I never had a reveg. If you do indoor to outdoor you should keep them on short photoperiod like 16/8 r 15/9 and transplant in May/June. That should stave off any unwanted reveg problems.

I start my plants in February usually, but it's straight outdoor growing, so I never had a reveg. If you do indoor to outdoor you should keep them on short photoperiod like 16/8 r 15/9 and transplant in May/June. That should stave off any unwanted reveg problems.
thanks for the reply. i have them out of soil for 4 days now in my grow room with 2 other budding autos on 20/ 4. we are getting 15hrs. daylight right now. ill give them another week then put them out. hopefully theres enough light now that they don't switch when put out.

They will for a simple fact, daylight is gonna be cut off by 5 hrs.

well i isolated them under some leds. hopefully they get enough light from them for another week when ill put them out. got them on a timer 16/10 light cycle. next year ill start them later so i don't have this issue or just grow super autos.

Back
Top Bottom