Mah girl is sick!

FenderSuper

Meet Sam.What's wrong with Sam? She's a clone from an unknown source. Unknown strain. My wife did not do a good job of tending her (she brought it from a friend but again, no details) She is looking ill, but I'm too much of a newb to really tell. I think I did right, getting her into good soil, good, ph-tested water (48 hours in the bucket, so no chlorine) a pot large enough to hold her until my soil is cooked and the clones go into smartpots. This girl is the only clone I have, to date. When I transplanted, I removed as much of the rockwool as I could without harming the roots. I also snipped off dead leaves. The white on the soil is diatomaceous earth, to mangle critters.

To answer the following mandatory questions:

She's outdoors
Just started watering, probably every two days until she's stabilized. Wife over-watered.
Soil is straight Patio Plus but again, just started. Unknown soil before transplanting...had perlite in it
Young vegetative state.

She's a lot better than yesterday, more horizontal to the leaves. Photo was taken an hour ago. They're even more horizontal, now.

So, Bones, what's wrong with her?

Well doc, I agree with your diagnosis. If only plants could talk:tokin:

Another issue may be water PH, which turned out to be high - between 7 and 8. The soil is much too moist yet, to add any more water, but I have some PH-balanced water; white vinegar brings it right down, three tablespoons in four gallons of PH8 water.

Meet Sam.What's wrong with Sam? She's a clone from an unknown source. Unknown strain. My wife did not do a good job of tending her (she brought it from a friend but again, no details) She is looking ill, but I'm too much of a newb to really tell. I think I did right, getting her into good soil, good, ph-tested water (48 hours in the bucket, so no chlorine) a pot large enough to hold her until my soil is cooked and the clones go into smartpots. This girl is the only clone I have, to date. When I transplanted, I removed as much of the rockwool as I could without harming the roots. I also snipped off dead leaves. The white on the soil is diatomaceous earth, to mangle critters.

To answer the following mandatory questions:

She's outdoors
Just started watering, probably every two days until she's stabilized. Wife over-watered.
Soil is straight Patio Plus but again, just started. Unknown soil before transplanting...had perlite in it
Young vegetative state.

She's a lot better than yesterday, more horizontal to the leaves. Photo was taken an hour ago. They're even more horizontal, now.

So, Bones, what's wrong with her?
Welcome and happy growing. Can you take a closer pic of the top? Water ph should be around 6.0. Soil looks fine. She needs some calmag definitely her stem is all kinds of purple. This is most commonly a magnesium problem and the calcium helps with nute uptake. It kind of looks like it's flowering in the pic that's why I was asking for closer one. Thanks

Welcome and happy growing. Can you take a closer pic of the top? Water ph should be around 6.0. Soil looks fine. She needs some calmag definitely her stem is all kinds of purple. This is most commonly a magnesium problem and the calcium helps with nute uptake. It kind of looks like it's flowering in the pic that's why I was asking for closer one. Thanks

She prematurely flowered before I got my grimy, dirty mitts on her. I'll get some cal mag. What would be the dose on a plant that small?

She prematurely flowered before I got my grimy, dirty mitts on her. I'll get some cal mag. What would be the dose on a plant that small?
It looked like it was flowering. Read the bottle and use about 1/4 of what they recommend. Starting out slow with one that was not well before never hurts. As the purple goes away up the mix some gently until full strength. .

Was this an outdoor grow, from start up until now?
If you can control the hours of light you could re-veg her. That would take longer but you'd get a much bigger plant in the end.

Back
Top Bottom