My Girl Survived A Frost

flytier

I didn't expect my WW to survive the frost the other morning. Having said that, I also didn't expect the frost the other morning. If that was in the forecast I would have brought her in.

My black-eyed Susan, however, may not end up being the camouflage plant I was hoping it would grow into. May need to look into another one.

after_frost_copy.jpg

They are amazingly resistant to frost. I've had plants in Oct. after heavy frost when they were the only green weed left standing. All other normal native weeds like horse-weed, burdock, foxtail and the like were browned out... They stood out like neon signs.....

They are amazingly resistant to frost. I've had plants in Oct. after heavy frost when they were the only green weed left standing. All other normal native weeds like horse-weed, burdock, foxtail and the like were browned out... They stood out like neon signs.....

I'm quite surprised, with them being tropical to subtropical. The black-eyed Susan is getting browner by the day and the weed is still going strong, although growing a little slower than the ones indoors. But then, we don't have summer temperatures yet either.

Back
Top Bottom