1st Grow Ever - I'd Appreciate Any Advice

PuffnPuggle

I am a disabled vet and weed has brought my prescription number down from 9 to 3 so I am trying this..1st Grow Ever, Auto Lemon Haze outdoors. I live in a suburb of Greensboro NC. Growing in FFOF in homemade fabric pots. There are 3, 2 which were started in their final pots and the other was started in a toilet paper roll then transferred. The 2 are roughly 16 days old and the bigger one 14. The ones started in the final pot seem stunted.
420-magazine-mobile1899490230.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1728046918.jpg
420-magazine-mobile623388415.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1358943158.jpg

As long as they are receiving more than 12 hours of light each day they will keep growing. To stretch them longer if you dip below. I have used solar Led lights to prevent flowering. Let it get established nicely. Then top it. Try to get a Branches equal size. When you top the plant. Take a clone. It's effective and easy. If you clip and clone it back a few times. You can get huge yields out of small plants. Check this out. Mine is in Hawaii and I got amazing sun now. But it can be done elsewhere. Every region has its own -,+ so if you can talk to local growers. Here is my small plant. It's 2 feet tall and will give me 2-4 Oz.
420-magazine-mobile1877040943.jpg
420-magazine-mobile574167220.jpg
420-magazine-mobile343740173.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1408054459.jpg

I don't see anything stunted to be honest. Just keep at it. And I'll give you an advice don't overwater young seedlings. Just mist the seedlings and the soil once or twice a day or give them very small injections of water untill they start growing second set of leaves over cotyledon... unless you have temps in middle to upper 90s, which changes your game a little bit.

As long as they are receiving more than 12 hours of light each day they will keep growing. To stretch them longer if you dip below. I have used solar Led lights to prevent flowering. Let it get established nicely. Then top it. Try to get a Branches equal size. When you top the plant. Take a clone. It's effective and easy. If you clip and clone it back a few times. You can get huge yields out of small plants.

PuffnPuggle said he's growing AUTO Lemon Haze, and from what I've read you can top (some) auto's but you can't clone them. Well, you can clone them but you'll get bugger all out of them as they'd flower at the same time as the mother. So cloning an auto would be a bad idea and produce a decreased yield on both the mother and the clone.

PuffnPuggle said he's growing AUTO Lemon Haze, and from what I've read you can top (some) auto's but you can't clone them. Well, you can clone them but you'll get bugger all out of them as they'd flower at the same time as the mother. So cloning an auto would be a bad idea and produce a decreased yield on both the mother and the clone.

I did not know and thanks for posting before guy cut his plant apart.

@PuffnPuggle, Just want to thank you for your service and wish you the best of luck with your grow. My first grow was last year and with the help of this community, they came out incredible. Look forward to seeing the progress and results.

-Zafu

Hey PnP! Same here as far as knocking the meds down. I'm not on any of them anymore. Been off opioids and muscle relaxers for about five years now. Nothing but full extract cannabis oil and it puts that crap to shame.

Lookin good. Yeah, what works for me is letting them get pretty dry(light pots and dry at least to second knuckle) between light waterings and no nutes with the FFOF until about 5 weeks, but watch them for any changes earlier if they grow hard and zap the soil. I have to watch my strains and feed them calmag at the first sign of leaf color variations... usually lighter green streaks between the veins or on the edges. It's happened shortly after they start putting on consistent growth.

Have fun and all my best to ya! I'll enjoy watching your grow!

get off of those va Skittles brother I was a paratrooper for 7 years this plant has saved my life yours look great just be patient let them dry out quite a bit between waterings

autos do better if you start them in the final pot so you should be good there too

I was Senior Medic of C Co 1/18, maybe a dirty nasty leg however I am from the mighty Big Red One. 2nd most decorated unit next to Alcoholics Anonymous lol.

I will post more pics later, the ones that started in their final resting place aren't doing so well. One stayed stunted but started budding already, and the other one just looks pathetic. However, the one i started indoors, hardened then transplanted is doing amazing. I started LST but I think I may have fucked it up a little. More photos to follow once the wife gets home.

Back
Top Bottom