Did 8 Clones Off My Afgani Plants First Time

Harry Lyme

Just used the lower branches of my two biggest known female plants at seven weeks. I used Pro-mix which i sterilized in the micro-wave for two min. until it was steaming hot. Soaked the promix with liquid Clonex as per directions. I did scrape the skin off the branches with a razor blade. Put them in 8 oz clear plastic party cups got at the dollar store, 12 for a buck Used same cups upside down to make a little greenhouse dome on bottom cup. Put them in with other seedlings under cfl on 18-6 light schedule. ..... After 11 days they are showing real nice new top growth and good roots visable thru the clear plastic. I keep them at about 70-75 degress F....I know these plants are going to live and thrive and i'm a complete novice. This Clonex and Pro-mix works....

Have you planted your clones?

How well are they doing outside?

What strain are they?

I'm growing two Sweet Afghani Delicious from seeds I picked up in Spain. Planted one on May 20th, the second two weeks later on June 4th. Both sprouted on the third day.

When each hit four weeks I transplanted them directly into my veggie garden. They're both doing very well. Now I'm trying to decide whether to prune, tie down, or FIM. What did you do?

I recently took cuttings off my White Widow. It's only been a few days, but if I have good luck with them I'll veg them outside for awhile until they start to bud and finish them off indoors. Mine are in 5" starter pots with humidity covers, 3/$1.25 at the dollar store and sitting by the window. I used starter soil with rooting powder.

One of the cuttings has a mutation on it where there are three leaves on each node rather than the usual two. It should get some nice tight buds if it makes it; I have pretty bad luck with doing clones. A guy I work with wants to trade a clone for a cutting from his grapevine. I do like to make little trades here and there. Clones make an excellent unit of currency for bartering.

These clone plants never ammounted to much, not as much as plants grown from seed....

Nope, I have better luck with seeds too, although the WW clones I mentioned earlier are budding at 8" tall. When all is said and done, I expect to have five out of eight finish.

Back
Top Bottom