Is it ready?

pjmax

First grow, outdoors, with a friend who wants to harvest and I that want to wait 2 more weeks.
Beginners so no real life experience, only following pictures, advise online, etc.

I agree, you still have a while(maybe a week)..Those White Pistils will begin to curl inwards, turn mostly reddish brown and not be sticking straight up..
Do you have a laupe to check the Trichomes? They probably are clear now..when they start turning cloudy,, then the window will be open..
JMHO..Nice grow BTW!

I agree, you still have a while(maybe a week)..Those White Pistils will begin to curl inwards, turn mostly reddish brown and not be sticking straight up..
Do you have a laupe to check the Trichomes? They probably are clear now..when they start turning cloudy,, then the window will be open..
JMHO..Nice grow BTW!
We'll wait and revert in a week.
Thanks!

We'll wait and revert in a week.
Thanks!
Now?

420-magazine-mobile672359519.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1804757310.jpg
420-magazine-mobile590699875.jpg

They don't look ready to me yet. What is the strain? What is the breeders flower time? How long have you been in flower? What color are the trichs? Answer these questions and we can do a little better than guessing from pics where you can't see the trichs. You need to know when you are 10-14 days from harvest so you can flush.

You are not even close yet. 2 to several weeks left. You will get some red hairs even in early/mid flower- and there are many reasons- could be a temp or light issue that occurred one day but only affected existing external pistols- then new pistils continue to grow.
She just seems too small so far. Buds are small and tons of white pistils. You have weeks.
Be patient. They will get much fatter and don't forget- pistils are just an indicator- focus on trichs... want mostly cloudy with 20-40% amber. No clear.

Good luck and keep us posted.

They don't look ready to me yet. What is the strain? What is the breeders flower time? How long have you been in flower? What color are the trichs? Answer these questions and we can do a little better than guessing from pics where you can't see the trichs. You need to know when you are 10-14 days from harvest so you can flush.
Thanks Goatweed,

It is a 60/40 sativa/indica strain from Colorado but threw away the bag (idiot) so I know it is from Dutch Girl seeds, but can't recall the strain. It flowered early April (3rd or so) and has been outside since the beginning (seeds planted mid Jan). It is my first grow so I will get myself a 60x loupe and check trichomes, with camera or readers loupe couldn't see a thing. I do know harvesting early is the most common rookie mistake so I won't do it. Like Soma says, when it looks ready, wait a week. Will try post more pics soon. Thanks again for the advise, weather here is hot (80s) but not highet than that nowadays. Last question: could it get rainned over or shall I cover it if a storm is coming?
You are not even close yet. 2 to several weeks left. You will get some red hairs even in early/mid flower- and there are many reasons- could be a temp or light issue that occurred one day but only affected existing external pistols- then new pistils continue to grow.
She just seems too small so far. Buds are small and tons of white pistils. You have weeks.
Be patient. They will get much fatter and don't forget- pistils are just an indicator- focus on trichs... want mostly cloudy with 20-40% amber. No clear.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks Goatweed,

It is a 60/40 sativa/indica strain from Colorado but threw away the bag (idiot) so I know it is from Dutch Girl seeds, but can't recall the strain. It flowered early April (3rd or so) and has been outside since the beginning (seeds planted mid Jan). It is my first grow so I will get myself a 60x loupe and check trichomes, with camera or readers loupe couldn't see a thing. I do know harvesting early is the most common rookie mistake so I won't do it. Like Soma says, when it looks ready, wait a week. Will try post more pics soon. Thanks again for the advise, weather here is hot (80s) but not highet than that nowadays. Last question: could it get rainned over or shall I cover it if a storm is coming?
420-magazine-mobile1516999609.jpg

Probably also exagerated with the guano, no discoloring of any leaf at all...
Have been only watering for last week, so in a week it should be flushed...

More time. Looks to be over a week to me. Old rule if you think it is ready wait a week. More plants are harvested to early than to late. Most strains have a pretty big window for harvest. Its not like they are ripe today and will be over ripe tomorrow.
I have mentioned this before and will again and again tell people understand. NOT all strains will show amber trichromes when finished. The White strains are just 1 of these types. These cloud up early and often. That is the way they got their name. Now days with genetics being so mixed lots of strains have the "White" look to them.
Lots of signs when a plant is finished. Hair color, Trichome color and shape, Bud growth and formation. The buds on a finished plant will have bulked up and hanging over from the weight. Each plant and strain needs to be treated as a individual. I have a purple strain that is all cloudy trichomes and still not ready. These will never turn amber.
class_pictures_028.JPG

More time. Looks to be over a week to me. Old rule if you think it is ready wait a week. More plants are harvested to early than to late. Most strains have a pretty big window for harvest. Its not like they are ripe today and will be over ripe tomorrow.
I have mentioned this before and will again and again tell people understand. NOT all strains will show amber trichromes when finished. The White strains are just 1 of these types. These cloud up early and often. That is the way they got their name. Now days with genetics being so mixed lots of strains have the "White" look to them.
Lots of signs when a plant is finished. Hair color, Trichome color and shape, Bud growth and formation. The buds on a finished plant will have bulked up and hanging over from the weight. Each plant and strain needs to be treated as a individual. I have a purple strain that is all cloudy trichomes and still not ready. These will never turn amber.
class_pictures_028.JPG
this afternoon:
420-magazine-mobile1712525430.jpg

Looking good. Watch for when it bulks up and starts falling over. I keep a watch on lower buds when they finish up the plant is pretty much there... Good growing

It looks like it needs a little more time to me. What are you feeding? Or have you started to flush yet? I like to see the leaves start to yellow out. You still look pretty green.

Very pretty and healthy looking girls. I don't know how your trichs look close up but I would give it more time. Have you began flushing yet? If so, girls still seem very green.. after girls use up what nutes they have they start cannibalizes itself- lose color, get dry... you are very early for that if you have starting flushing.
I would give girls a couple weeks. If the trichs and/or age indicate you are near- begin flushing. Remember- nutes are still in the soil so it takes a while to flush past and use it all up. You got time but looking pretty!

Very pretty and healthy looking girls. I don't know how your trichs look close up but I would give it more time. Have you began flushing yet? If so, girls still seem very green.. after girls use up what nutes they have they start cannibalizes itself- lose color, get dry... you are very early for that if you have starting flushing.
I would give girls a couple weeks. If the trichs and/or age indicate you are near- begin flushing. Remember- nutes are still in the soil so it takes a while to flush past and use it all up. You got time but looking pretty!
Been flushing since 5/24 when we gave her some fish. Only water but had some 50L of good soil. She started yellowing couple days ago, will show pics tomorrow. Thanks for the advise/help, clueless without you guys. Will try take pics of trichomes tomorrow as well, got me a loupe. cheers!

Been flushing since 5/24 when we gave her some fish. Only water but had some 50L of good soil. She started yellowing couple days ago, will show pics tomorrow. Thanks for the advise/help, clueless without you guys. Will try take pics of trichomes tomorrow as well, got me a loupe. cheers!
420-magazine-mobile88956995.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1445891648.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2001933758.jpg

Back
Top Bottom