Yay, 2017 outdoor season - Northern California

Zafu

So happy to be back with you all again.

Last year was my first grow and it went extremely well, in large part to help of this community. I'm so excited to enter this current season as I only grow outside once a year. Last year I grew Laughing Buddha, Vanilla Kush and Acapulco Gold. This year I've selected 8-ball Kush, Amnesia Lemon, Cotton Candy, Pineapple Chunk & Jamaican Dream. I'll try to do a journal this year as opposed to a series of threads, so as to help others.

I do have one question. Every new plant seems to look similar in that the two large leaves open the shell and inside are the first two obvious ganja leaves. I have one that doesn't have those two ganja leaves "yet", but it's a mystery to me because I've never seen this before. Should I give it more time, or can it possibly be genetically hurt, in which case I'll throw another seed in to replace it. What do you think?

IMG_434512.JPG

As you can see, those two small ganja leaves aren't there. It's weird. I've used a magnifying glass and really, they aren't there yet. ?

Just for some perspective, here's a pic of others in the tray. You can see that even the baby has those 2 small ganja leaves. The one without them is lower right.

IMG_105051.JPG

Thank you.

Zafu

Hey man, just to give you some terminology FYI. These aren't "ganja leaves", this is cotyledon that stores the nutrient reserve for 2 weeks of seedling's lifetime. Just google it up if you wanna find out more. What you have on the picture is a shitty expression. I get it all the time, but I pop 100 of seeds every seson. You have to toss it unfortunately, it won't grow right.

Aah I was too stoned to notice :hookah: The first set of leaves I mean :passitleft:

Thanks conradino. Good to see again.

Broke my heart to pull the baby out, but followed your advice and planted a replacement seed.

Interestingly, I peeled back the first two leaves and deep inside there was a shoot, but trust you it was better not to chance it.

Cheers -Zafu

Back
Top Bottom