Reusing soil for non-organic outdoor grow

sativaman

Ive been spending around $5k on fox farm soil every summer and just leave the soil in the pots until next summer when i dump it out. I'm thinking about reusing the fully flushed soil and supplementing the lack of nutrients in the soil with chemical fertilizers and micro nutrients during watering. If hydroponics requires only a nutrient water mix, i dont see why using chemical nutes wouldnt work for soil that isnt fully charged. Seems like a lot of people are going fully organic but the soil recipes would cost me easily $10k. What are your thoughts on this?

$10,000 should build you at least a hundred yards of high quality soil...how much exactly do you need? Yes, you can reuse the FF and compensate with chemical nutes, but I have a feeling it'll be a lot cheaper and more effective to simply reamend your spent soil than to try and add just the right amount of each nutrient at every watering

What do you recommend for amending soil? Subcool has a guide but the ingredients would likely cost around the same as fresh bags of fox farm. Im curious what all the other big outdoor growers do, especially growers who dont have access to locally mixed soil.

Back
Top Bottom