Cornfield grow

8Yoyoyo

Just put a few cornbread clones in some corn out here in Kentucky. Was wondering if anyone knew what I could put on them or around them to save bugs from eating them. Thanks in advance!

I have never needed to put anything on the plants in a corn field. The farmer has all the food in the soil that is needed. If bugs get bad they will spray it for you. I hope you did not get out to soon, the side dressing has been done just this week in my local corn fields. Some farmers are done going into the corn fields but a few will still go out and spray for weeds, that will be the end of plantings. I have to wait until that is over to plant. That nice rain yesterday will make the corn grow like rockets, farmers had just placed nitrogen in the last 10 days, get ready, get set, g.......

I'm pretty sure all the spraying is already done here. The corn is pretty tall where I planted. We had heavy rain for two days. I will post some pictures when I go check up on them!

I was hanging out with some farmers this week drinking some beer, no smoking as they are not into it but.
I was able to ask them some direct questions they kind of knew what I am up to but don't care, young farmers.
Yes they are done with the weed spraying and going to let it grow for the season. In August they will take the tall wheeled tractors out and spray again but this spray is "ZINK", I asked what Zink does and it is the third letter in NPK as in fertilizer, The K. O'boy good, I asked what the zink will do and he said it helps the corn ears fill out at the end, in other words it is bloom builder, oh man I was happy with this talk. So no need to run more fertilizer out there. Said he sprays at 8-9 MPH in the tractor so he will not see anything unless it is the one row that he is keeping the tire in to not tear up the corn stalks. Good knowledge, for all.
So more good news for cornfield grows.

Back
Top Bottom