What happens if I top my plant?

Koren55

One of my girls, the one I've left natural, has now reached a height of six feet. Since my stockade fence is that height, it presents a problem.

People coming into my driveway may be able to see it. Oh it's still fifteen feet away from the fence, but I don't want to cause any trouble or get in any trouble.

The plant, a Sweet Afghani Delicious - Fast Version, is now in flowering and will continue to grow taller.

If I top off the plant, say cut off the top 18 inches, I think it will force the plant to energize all the secondary side shoots.

Do experienced growers think that will work? Or should I just leave the plant be and try to block it's view with some sort of camouflage?

I have bamboo on my property growing to a height of 20 feet. I could weed out older shoots and put them against the fence. Or use them to hold a camouflage net. Any suggestions?

Right now I'm placing fresh marigold flowers at stem nodes as a form of camouflage. From t the distance it makes it look like a flowering plant. But still....
Thanks

Oh, but she's standing tall and her stem is stiff. Still, it's a GREAT idea.

I'll try it, I'll bend her down as much as she'll go then tie her at that angle.

This is why I like this board. This is my first grow, and advice like yours is invaluable to new folks like me.

Thank you!

Koren

P.S. Today I looked into my backyard from my side door, the door UPS, FedEx, an the mailman use to deliver my packages. Sure enough you can see Janie girl sticking above my 6ft fence in the distance. I was going to chop her Today but my husband said to wait a few days. Now I'm glad did, thanks to this board, I now know what to do. Thanks.

That's all you can do. Just keep pulling her down little by little after the initial pull. Also, even if you decided to chop the tops due to the situation, leave anything that's not visible to ripen. You can use a jewelers loupe or grab a nifty 60x magnifier from most hydro shops to check the trichomes for your desired ratio of milky/amber.

Edit: I probably should have explained a little more about super cropping but I was in a hurry when I replied. Sounds like you managed!

Back
Top Bottom