Suspicious if this lady was pollinated

Zafu

EDIT and Update: In hindsight a better title for this post would be "I fear I have a male. Do I? " ;p
Since posting this a few hours ago, I've pulled pulled it out of my garden. Hope I was correct in doing so.

Greetings all,

Last year was my first grow and it was incredibly successful; in large part thanks to all of you. I planted from seed, as I did this season and purchased feminized seeds from reputable banks. All eleven plants last year were indeed female and all ten plants this year are female. I have learned how to tell the sex of a plant, which isn't very difficult since the males grow balls.

I'm just suspicious that one of my ladies was pollinated somehow. There is at least one other outdoor grower in my community, so I guess it's possible and others I may not be aware of, but that one is a few blocks away. This lady is the only one of the ten that looks like she's growing seeds, but I could easily be mistaken and this may just be what the flowers on this Pineapple Chunk from Barney's looks like. However, I have two of those growing and the other doesn't look at all like this. Of the other 8 ladies comprising 4 different varieties, no flowers look like this.

Here in Northern California, flowering only just began about 10-days ago, but think you can see from this picture what I'm talking about. I'm sure your experience will be able to help me understand if this is what seed formation looks like, or if it's just how this particular lady is flowering.

8_14_2017.JPG

If the above is the start of seeds, what should I do? I mean, the plant is not male and none of the others have any signs of this in the least.

Last season I was able to start my seeds at the end of April and transplant outside first week of June. This season, due to personal scheduling issues I'm about 3-weeks behind, so while things look good, it's nothing like the jungle I had at this time last year. It's all good. This is solely for my own and family personal medical use so yield will be more than adequate.

IMG_118136.JPG

Thank you and hope all is going well for each of you.

Zafu

Here's another picture of the lady I'm concerned about. I suppose it could also be Hermaphrodite. If this is a Herm or male, how long do I have to remove it from the garden before it pollinates the rest of my garden?

Thank you. -Zafu

IMG_445417.JPG

I was getting way too nervous since posting this morning and decided to cut her down. From all I've researched on the net it appears this is a male. What else can those sacs be but pollen sacs? They still look young and tightly closed, so hopefully they've been removed in time.

Still, any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm a bit surprised. The method used to feminize seeds is supposedly 99% fool-proof but who knows.

Cheers -Zafu

It is definitely a male!

Back
Top Bottom