Pale lower leaves - Normal?

bryn

Hi all – first time grower this year (though I'm a farmer/gardener, experienced w/other plants.) I have two indicas (Platinum Bubba and Woody Kush) in 20" pots, growing since May, and the lower leaves are turning pale yellow... is this normal at this stage? They've been fine up until the last month, and the tops of the plants are still green and vigorous.

They're planted in a mixture of good quality grow mix (I don't remember the name) and container gardening soil, and I'm fertilizing with 1 tablespoon weekly of organic 4-6-3 fertilizer, following the package directions for the amount. I water them daily just until runoff at the bottom of the pot. We live in a hot area, so they're in partial dappled afternoon shade.

The yellowing doesn't look like burning from over-fertilizing, or like an obvious nutrient deficiency... but I'm not sure if it might be too much or too little of something? Or do they need more direct sunlight? Photos attached. Advice appreciated, I'm figuring this out as I go along but it's a bit of a learning curve!

IMG_210728.JPG
IMG_210828.JPG

Totally normal. Nothing to be concerned about. Ladies look great. Grats !

What part of the world are you in? I'm in Northern California and flowering began first week of August.

Cheers -Zafu

Thank you! They just started flowering last week (at least that was when I noticed it). Some of the higher inner leaves do have pale veins and an overall purple tinge, so I'm still wondering if there's a magnesium deficiency... I'm trying diluted Mag supplement + not getting too worked up about it! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom