My first grow ever - Flowers seem too small - Outdoor

Ingle Blaze

420 Member
Hi guys, i'm at my first ever grow, started back at the end of april. It all went almost problems free, after a troubling start. Now i should be at the end of the 3rd week of flowering and i think my flowers are too small.
Could anybody give a thought i would really appreciate it. For me these are uncharted waters and i'm sailing blind. I'm also using Biobizz bloom as a fertilizer and nothing else.
:Namaste:

Here's some pics:

IMG_036945.jpg
IMG_036851.jpg
IMG_036742.jpg

IMG_037043.jpg

They look normal to me, dude. Outdoor plants have very different ways of blooming depending on the variety. Some start filling up very suddenly and finish slowly. Some are triggered very early, but they only pack in the last 2-3 weeks. And some are just very slow and take many weeks to finish with very gradual bloom. What's the strain you're growing?

Thanks, i really appreciate the help! Unfortunately, as i really didn't think i could grow anything, i don't know the strain because i took the seed from a friend of mine who just found it. Anyhow i took a very careful look at it and based on a pic i found online, it's moby dick #2.

They look good to me too, nice color and vibrance, only thing I can say is your pot looks really small for the size of the plant. I did the same thing a few years back and the plants slowly started dying as they flowered. Ever since I've used big pots or in ground and haven't had any issues since. Other than that good job!

They look very good to me here are some pics of some of mine I planted in early May. It is true about the timing some of mine are full of buds others are just starting. This is my first grow outdoors and I learned many things mostly make sure you are in the sun at least half of the day.

I agree with the size of the pots they do need to be bigger do not let them get root bound, I did that one year and ended up repotting them.

Here are some photos to enjoy of some of mine.
Lemon_Haze_Buds.jpg
Pineapple_Chunk8.jpg
Lemon210.jpg

As conradino23 said, different strains seem to flower, well, differently. I've got 9 ladies growing outside and half have the huge cola's you'd expect and the other half of different genetics; more sativa, are flowering completely differently; slower, sparser and more narrow-like. At 3-weeks of flowering I was worried, but at 5-weeks now I can see them filling out.

I share 707growerjeff's concern about the size of the pot. Frankly, even at this stage, I'd suggest transplanting them. I use 30-gallon smart pots and find them to be perfect for my needs.

As for harvesting and curing, this forum has a ton of great threads you may want to review. Harvest, Preparation & Curing

Cheers,

Zafu

Quick update:
new photos from today! Flowers grew up a bit and buds are forming!

I also share the concern for the pot, but I don't know if i should change it or not. First of all it's not made of plastic so the plant it's not so easy to pull out with all the soil, moreover it's flowering, the vase it's very heavy and the plant is very tall.

Maybe judging from photos you could give me some advice on repotting or not. Keep in mind the plant is 115 cm tall and the pot is 12 liters in volume.

Thanks for all the help! Appreciate!
:Namaste:

IMG_042051.jpg
IMG_042150.jpg
IMG_042255.jpg
IMG_042358.jpg

Back
Top Bottom