Gray growth on buds - Help

boserud03

I am new at this forum as well as a new outdoor grower. I am nearing harvest of my beautiful buds and I have something going wrong. I have gray growth at the base of my buds that are eventually traveling up the bud. I would appreciate any input in identifying what this is and a resolution for it. I have photos attached.
Thanks!
bud_220.jpg
bud_122.jpg

It's bud rot. You have to cut it off and dispose of it without touching other parts of the plant. It might be time to harvest if it is widespread

Yes at this point you need to cut the whole cola off and sterilise it with alcohol.

Thanks for the input. When you say sterilize it with alcohol, do you mean pour alcohol over the bud? Would this leave an alcohol residue on the bud? I'm not familiar with this procedure and would appreciate any input you could give.
Thanks.

No, use a cloth or something like that.

I think he meant carterize the wound with alcohol. You could mix a few tablespoons of whole milk in a quart sprayer of water and foliar the rest of the plant at sundown to help prevent the spread of mold if you have a ways to go and it will rinse right off at harvest.

Back
Top Bottom