Combatting Post Harvest Blues

Oldgrowth

There's no complaining about 20 or so large canning jars or the 2 months of curing/burping i do. The last trim is today of the dried Hindu Kush and OG Kush ladies that graced my yard so recently. A grove of 8 provided lovely cover and perching spots for the local birds seemingly enjoying feeders and the birdbath. It is an old man's Spring and Summer pleasure to merely sit listen and observe. Now many birds have headed for Winter quarters and the grove has become a flat area lacking aesthetics.

But the bright sides:.....

The final product.
The marvel of cannabis detritus as it enriches the soil for next year
The cycle continues-time to order next year's seeds.
The hopes that come with each planting.

That expressed, I miss my ladies in their Summer abundance but there's always next Spring.

Peace and Love

I share your sentiments; very nicely put, and offer this to console...

[video=youtube;zHi5O5xiqAU]
[/video]

Thank you Zafu. Recently turned 76 and completely down with this last phase of life despite the challenges (or perhaps because of them.)

I can relate. But now that everything's curing & looking nice, I'm also always relieved when it's done. No more worrying about bud rot & mildew, which are considerable concerns where I'm in the PacNW during the flowering season. Though after about 15 hours of trimming, I wander around with my trimmers out of habit.

I'm already looking at seeds & deciding what to get in the ground next spring!

On a less melancholy note, growing has certainly increased my love and appreciation of Spring, Summer & Fall. Not like I didn't love those seasons before, but being an outdoor grower of these ladies absolutely makes those seasons even more special and enjoyable than without this hobby. Of course, the fruit of our labor makes winter even more sparkly and magical.

Now time to plan for next year. Thinking Cinderella 99 and searching for a nice landrace pure indica as a compliment.

Peace,

Zafu

Back
Top Bottom