Pathetic yield

Thyming

Disapointing harvest this year. 2 white cookies and 2 Cali cush. So far I got 2 1/2 ounces out of the 2 cookie plants
420-magazine-mobile1071458498.jpg
and the cush doesn't look to promising. I'm blaming this on 1 of 3 things:
All 4 plants are in a 5 foot by 18 inch by 24 inch sold watering planter. Too tight?
420-magazine-mobile1087606151.jpg

My idiot neibour leaving his deck light on till 11 pm sheding light on the plants.

White powder mold issue.
420-magazine-mobile351052198.jpg

Any thoughts?

Yep, that's probably too small of a space for 4 plants.

You need to cut the moldy leaves asap, while trying not to touch the rest of the plant (and thereby spread it). Tricky, but I've done it. When that mold hits, I usually cut away affected leaves, harvest what remains, wash it well & dry and cure under a very watchful eye. It's a hassle, but I've done it successfully.

But if yr harvest does end up being affected by mold, all is not lost: it can be converted to Quiso hash without retaining any mold smell/flavor.

Best of luck w/ this!

Yep, that's probably too small of a space for 4 plants.

You need to cut the moldy leaves asap, while trying not to touch the rest of the plant (and thereby spread it). Tricky, but I've done it. When that mold hits, I usually cut away affected leaves, harvest what remains, wash it well & dry and cure under a very watchful eye. It's a hassle, but I've done it successfully.

But if yr harvest does end up being affected by mold, all is not lost: it can be converted to Quiso hash without retaining any mold smell/flavor.

Best of luck w/ this!
Yeah
The mold was a real pain in the ass. You don't think the light issue could have caused it?

I'm no expert on molds, etc., but on my edge of the continent, I'm constantly fighting mold & rot,so I've learned from my enemy.

Based on what I know, it's doubtful that lights at night contributed to yr mold problem.

On the other hand, plants that are crowded together too much are usu. susceptible to mold/mildew issues

Looks like yr plant's affliction is powdery mildew, which is not easy to avoid in some areas.

Best w this,

Thanx for the reply andhelped but the actual problem I was posting about was poor yeild. I was asking if the mold or the light on till 11pm may have caused the poor yeild. Not what caused the mold.
Thanx

Sorry I misunderstood!

The mold could have affected yield, but we know that a lot of factors do.

Nice looking buds in that tray, bet it'll smoke nicely!

Back
Top Bottom